Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LABELS FOR JARS

Options
  • 01-03-2020 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Looking for ideas for labels for jars e.g. Spices - Something that will last and you can write on that may stand a wash or rub - Use ones from office but they don’t last - Thanks.

Comments

loco-colo wrote: »
    Looking for ideas for labels for jars e.g. Spices - Something that will last and you can write on that may stand a wash or rub - Use ones from office but they don’t last - Thanks.

Amazon should have loads of options. I’ve got ones for bottle necks, etc on there before and seen lots of jar ones when I was searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭loco-colo

Amazon should have loads of options. I’ve got ones for bottle necks, etc on there before and seen lots of jar ones when I was searching.

Thanks Reginald - Thought there might be something in shops Dublin but will try Amazon if nothing turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

For my spice jars I use Dymo labels. Not very pretty but last years, and you have to buy the labelling machine as well of course.

loco-colo wrote: »
    Thanks Reginald - Thought there might be something in shops Dublin but will try Amazon if nothing turns up.

Is there anywhere on the jar you could hang a label even? I used to stick them on bottles and they’re a pain to get off so I got ones after that slip over the neck - really easy changed if needed. I’ve seen ones with a little bit of twine to tie them on that could be handy too.

Alun wrote: »
    For my spice jars I use Dymo labels. Not very pretty but last years, and you have to buy the labelling machine as well of course.

Thanks Alun - Remember them but prefer permanent marker or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I just use a roll of masking tape and a marker for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

I got the Ball 31870000 Labels last year, from Amazon, and so easy to peel off,!
    only 60 on a roll, but saves so much time, for me worth it,:)

sdp wrote: »
    I got the Ball 31870000 Labels last year, from Amazon, and so easy to peel off,!
    only 60 on a roll, but saves so much time, for me worth it,:)
    They're paper labels though, great for stuff like jams and chutneys etc. where the jars are cleaned and reused, but the OP was looking for something more durable for things like spice jars I think that could be washed and cleaned now and then without them falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

thanks Alun,
    your right, :o sorry op,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Alun wrote: »

Wow.....used to have one in my parents house, remember it well.
    Had to look it up on Amazon there........great idea, might actually get one now.

• Advertisement

To be clear, I'm talking about the embossed labels, i.e. the original Dymo labels. They also make thermal label printers these days similar to the Brother p-touch labellers that would also be OK but which are less hard wearing.

Thanks everyone for replies.

I am sorted.

Maldesu reply gave me an idea - Masking tape no good to me as not washable - I am basically just reusing little Schwartz spice jars which I fill with spices from Indian shop.

But you can write easily with marker on masking tape and cut to whatever size you want.

That's what I did for my Fennel test jar - Stuck it on and then used my old Gorilla Tape to cover the label - a good inch of clearance all round.

Gorilla Tape is brilliant I think - Selloptape on steroids - Transparent Duct / Duck tape I suppose you could call it.

Looking at this result - I would say it will definitely see me out.! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This is what I use. I just write directly on the glass.

It's also handy to write the date that you opened a sauce/paste jar so you know how long it's been opened.

Black_110x110@2x.png?v=1532384267

Advertisement