Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding downloaded photos

Options
  • 01-03-2020 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I often save photos & they go into my download folder. Is there a way to make them show in date order ? Whenever I want to find a photo I end up scrolling through the entire folder.

Window 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigpaudge

Yes, at the top of the folder you can sort via date. If the date sorter is not visible you can add it by right clicking on the folder properties and adding it with a tick mark.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can sort by date in Windows Explorer. If you just want photos you could sort by type and copy all images to a new folder then sort the contents of the new folder by date. I’m sure there are a load of third party apps that let you do something similar but meh.

If you’re downloading images from your browser just select the save as option instead and save to a particular folder.

Advertisement