Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fabulous day in west clare yesterday, even better today.

Word of warning - don't fall asleep on a sun lounger, you'll regret it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mostly clear over Ireland, early morning fog burning off.

12.9C here near Tralee, looks like we could higher than the high of 16.1C recorded yesterday.

N6c7Suy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another lovely day in Cork city. Warm sitting out in my back garden and no clouds to be seen. About 12 degrees in the open part of my garden but this part of my garden is a suntrap

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning day in Dublin 16. The sun/light is as intense as mid-Summer. 15.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Stunning day in Dublin 16. The sun/light is as intense as mid-Summer. 15.5c atm.

More like late summer/late August, with it being about 9 and a half weeks before the summer equinox when we experience the most intense sunlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm
    Mount Dillon 18 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another unbelievable day. Think I've got more wear from summer dresses over last while then I did all last summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

18 in East Clare, lovely...even the breeze doesn't have the cut in it that it even had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

ROASTING

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Just back home to North Kildare from Dublin and it's rather chilly, a lot cooler than yesterday due to a combination of high level cloud and cool breeze that wasn't present yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Brilliant few days in the west. Ideal to be out in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day, got up to 18.5C here near Tralee, got a bit of fohn effect from the SE wind.

NASA Pic of Ireland today.

Nearly as clear as you will get.

AEUcSFn.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Face got toasted today in Kildare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day here in Meath but it was fairly chilly outside of the well sheltered garden, maxed out earlier at 14C, currently 10C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 15/04/20 20.33 temp 11°C
    FJqMNJr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

More cloud about today but feeling very pleasant all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

With pressure dropping from the south over the next 48 hours looks like some thundery pulses of rain developing in the south and east in particular.

Might get a rumble or two between tomorrow morning and Sunday morning. If anything even more likely in to the early days of next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another lovely day but it's a chilly 12C outside, will be lighting the fire again in a few hours as these late evenings/nights have been very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gonzo wrote: »
    another lovely day but it's a chilly 12C outside, will be lighting the fire again in a few hours as these late evenings/nights have been very cold.

Not as cold tonight as previous nights? - lows of 9 - 6c overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Hi guys,
    Justwondering was there any summer predictions yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

bazlers wrote: »
    Hi guys,

If restrictions are still in place - scorcher
    if they are lifted - pissing rain

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My nose tells me we are going to have a summer better than many but not as good as some.

bazlers wrote: »
    Hi guys,

predictions can be taken with a pinch of salt but this is the gist of what I've heard/seen so far:

June: decent, warm and sunny at times
    July: turns more unsettled but still warm at times.
    August: unsettled and possibly chilly.

If I was to put any money on one of those months turning out to be accurate it would be August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Gonzo wrote: »
    predictions can be taken with a pinch of salt but this is the gist of what I've heard/seen so far:

June: decent, warm and sunny at times
    July: turns more unsettled but still warm at times.
    August: unsettled and possibly chilly.

If I was to put any money on one of those months turning out to be accurate it would be August.

Gonzo I'd agree with you on August. I know its technically summer but I never remember a good one. Always seems to lash rain + chilly especially in evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

appledrop wrote: »
    Gonzo I'd agree with you on August. I know its technically summer but I never remember a good one. Always seems to lash rain + chilly especially in evening.

Agree with this,August has been crap every year lately

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I just have a feeling we are going to pay for all this good weather of late. If we get blocking in the wrong place we could have a wet and chilly start to Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 16/04/20 20.35 temp 12°C
    tJ3op51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I just have a feeling we are going to pay for all this good weather of late. If we get blocking in the wrong place we could have a wet and chilly start to Summer.

It is very possible. Any time I remember getting a good 2 week spell in April or even May we have had poor wet summers. The years we have had the great summers have often been poor upto the start of June.

Was it 2 years ago we had the good 2 week spell in May I think it was? I say that knowing folks in the East probably had it 5 or 6c cooler, just like at the moment.

I love the weather at the moment. A bit chilly in the morning and evening but great during the day for doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

It is very possible. Any time I remember getting a good 2 week spell in April or even May we have had poor wet summers. The years we have had the great summers have often been poor upto the start of June.

Was it 2 years ago we had the good 2 week spell in May I think it was? I say that knowing folks in the East probably had it 5 or 6c cooler, just like at the moment.

I love the weather at the moment. A bit chilly in the morning and evening but great during the day for doing something.

Summer 2018 was one for the ages so don't think that's the one you are thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭pqdvdplayer

19c and sunny at Newport, Mayo. Meanwhile it's 9c and raining in Cork

Advertisement