Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I'm working all week and enjoyed the sun
    Expecting the same next week
    Although I may aswell be volunteering at the prices farmers get paid for their produce these days
    Being told 6cpl drop in what I'm paid for milk this summer due to coronovirus
    That will bring it below cost of production yet the cows must be milked
    No drop for the executives though

Anyhow I'll shut up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Absolutely dismal weekend in Cork, 10 degrees and grey. Wet until this morning too. Looking forward to a nice week ahead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Absolutely dismal weekend in Cork, 10 degrees and grey. Wet until this morning too. Looking forward to a nice week ahead though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally sunny in Meath after a very cloudy weekend, still cold tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I'm working all week and enjoyed the sun
    Expecting the same next week
    Although I may aswell be volunteering at the prices farmers get paid for their produce these days
    Being told 6cpl drop in what I'm paid for milk this summer due to coronovirus
    That will bring it below cost of production yet the cows must be milked
    No drop for the executives though

Anyhow I'll shut up now

Should be ashamed of themselves. Perhaps the farmers who are now being increasingly exploited should withhold their produce from the these big, for profit players. Maybe then they might start to value their suppliers a bit more.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cloudy day in North County Dublin but beautiful sunshine this evening which us always welcome.

appledrop wrote: »
    Raining here now Maggie so maybe it's on it's way to you aswell.

Just back in from evening watering of all my plants! Another day and no rain at all in Louth, not a drop the entire weekend despite Met Eireann's forecast on Friday?? Not complaining but its freezing! I went for 11km walk within the 2km of my house :) today and I didn't warm up the entire walk !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 19/04/20 18.05 temp 13°C
    fQxLWkX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Skies have cleared here,and if your away from street lights, the Starlink will pass over from abut 1057pm. (Line of satellites following one after another)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Skies have cleared here,and if your away from street lights, the Starlink will pass over from abut 1057pm. (Line of satellites following one after another)

I would love to see this pass over but unfortunately weather conditions in my area are not allowing me to do so tonight. Is there a site where this can be viewed live?

• Advertisement

I would love to see this pass over but unfortunately weather conditions in my area are not allowing me to do so tonight. Is there a site where this can be viewed live?

Not sure about a site but some great pics on VirtualAstro on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be much clearer from tomorrow assuming it'll still be over us.

It'll be much clearer from tomorrow assuming it'll still be over us.

9.57pm and 11.33pm

Beautiful morning out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yep another stunning cloudless morning, even nicer than the past few days with no haze and great visibility and colours

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gone from 15°c to 18°c in the last hour in west Clare, big jump in temperature.

Make the most of this week looks like Atlantic wins from Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Make the most of this week looks like Atlantic wins from Friday.

yep normal service resumes from next weekend. Turns increasingly unsettled and cooler from the weekend with temperatures normal or slightly below up to the 7th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It's very windy in the East. A real wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Emme wrote: »
    It's very windy in the East. A real wind chill.

Yup if your in a pair of shorts your in trouble in the shade!

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yup if your in a pair of shorts your in trouble in the shade!

Shorts? I have just been out walking and wore a light North Face down jacket to keep out the wind.

Good drying though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jaysus that breeze would cut ya in two

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Did well here in Kerry, bright sunshine all day and got steadily warmer with lighter winds as the day went on. Got up to 19.6C here out by the coast ( site getting a bit sheltered so temp seems a bit high but always do well in these kind of set ups with wind coming from the E or SE ), drove home in short sleeves with the window down and arm out, like in the movies :D

Still lovely and bright and near calm at 15.2C, out playing basketball with the young fella and stopped around the side of the house feeling the warm glow off the gable.......enough ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Gonzo wrote: »
    yep normal service resumes from next weekend. Turns increasingly unsettled and cooler from the weekend with temperatures normal or slightly below up to the 7th of May.

Temperatures have been slightly below average for a while now.

And the end of blocking is not universal across all models, MT is not calling it yet. Nor is Met.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Friday looks real good weather wise, hope it lasts for one more day at least.

Friday: Current indications for Friday are for variable cloud with some rain or drizzle in the south and west. Drier and brighter elsewhere. Highest temperatures 16 to 19 degrees, warmest in the southeast. In light to moderate westerly breezes. Overnight lows of night lows of 4 to 9 degrees.

COuld go for a long walk ( within the 2KM) with that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

FVP3 wrote: »
    Temperatures have been slightly below average for a while now.

And the end of blocking is not universal across all models, MT is not calling it yet. Nor is Met.ie

Only in the East because of the cool sea breeze - and even here temps are close enough to normal during the day. The max high for April is only 12 or 13 Celsius.

Temps further West have been widely up to 5 or 6 degrees above average for around two weeks I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another stunner, warm, cloudless skies, no breeze and breakfast outside in shorts and t-shirt. Another few weeks of this please :D

****ye morning, that arc of cloud pushing up from NW France is now over the south coast, it has a shape/movement that suggests it'll "scrape" us and then move away so maybe brighter this afternoon.

Sunny again in Meath but remaining chilly, temperature currently 11C but feels cooler with the breeze.

• Advertisement

Sunny in Kildare but very cold with the Easterly breeze.

Advertisement