Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Stayed a steady 18 degrees or so in Cork City today. Was lovely with the clear blue skies, slight breeze. Not boiling but perfectly acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Violently warm in Galway.

giphy.gif

Not surprised as the se breeze over this side is very low today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What a lovely spell of weather. I don't think I can remember a spell so good at this time of the year. The days are perfect 20-25c and humidity is low. You can get out and enjoy it.

I noticed the water pressure was a bit lower in the tap this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Regardsgreen

What a lovely spell of weather. I don't think I can remember a spell so good at this time of the year. The days are perfect 20-25c and humidity is low. You can get out and enjoy it.

I noticed the water pressure was a bit lower in the tap this evening.

23c at 8pm in castlebar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful day and still 18.2C after a high of 24.6C. Nice summer smells with the hay being baled next to me this evening and just back from a swim, have to agree Tigerandahalf, hard to remember such a great spell of weather for this time of the year, it feels like mid summer.

Te7fP6G.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some of the highest temperatures recorded today:

26.8C at Mount Dillon, Roscommon
    25.6C at Claremorris, Mayo
    25.2C at Newport, Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Max 23.4 today in North Kerry.
    Slightly cloudy now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Max 23.4 today in North Kerry.
    Slightly cloudy now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

todays highs, very similar temperature profile across the country as the past few days with warmest conditions in the midlands and mid-west and coolest conditions along the south coast and Cork in particular.

txint_uk.png

Tomorrow more of the same but maybe a touch cooler and possibly a more noticeable sea breeze in eastern areas keeping temperatures in the high teens along eastern coastal counties.

hirlamuk-41-26-0.png?30-17

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Fabulous end to the day in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Just seen space x flying over. Unbelievably clear and amazing to see. Lasted about 40 or 50 seconds. In Dublin 14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Can we have the weather we had in April and the start of this month back please? At least then, the evenings cooled down nicely.

This current spell of weather reminds me of what we had back in early June 2018.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Can we have the weather we had in April and the start of this month back please? At least then, the evenings cooled down nicely.

This current spell of weather reminds me of what we had back in early June 2018.

Every year. Without fail. A few days of actual nice sunny weather with temps in the low/mid 20s and people complain.

Sure let's bring back the rain and storms and gloomy grey Atlantic muck we had for most of our winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

HighLine wrote: »
    Every year. Without fail. A few days of actual nice sunny weather with temps in the low/mid 20s and people complain.

Sure let's bring back the rain and storms and gloomy grey Atlantic muck we had for most of our winter.

Ahh come on lad, this is not normal. Driest March, April, May in at least 180 years in Dublin.

It's more than a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I’ve actually found the evening to cool down pretty well so far, the air is cold tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Air is cooler but also stiller, not as much of a breeze so a lot easier to sit out in. Its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Enjoy it while you can, come August it could rain again till next March like it did last year. Anyone complaining should be shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It's been more like about 60 sunny days. We have had a handful of days with any rain of note since 1st March! Nonetheless people certainly shouldn't complain
    HighLine wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Anyone complaining should be shot!

Now now, that is no way for a Monk to be talking.

Another warm day inland today.

RFNlS2A.png

Models still going for a return to more average temps from Weds on, but as Gonzo noted yesterday, nothing nailed on as of yet.

New Moon

Casement 20 degrees @ 9am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

19.4°C in Kildare

Absolute belter of a morning in D5. Would never tire if these warm sunny days

Casement 21 degrees @ 10am with several other stations at 20 degrees. Beautiful Sunday morning

20.9°C in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another beautiful morning in Dublin.

We went to beach yesterday + wait for it it was chilly!

I know its hard to believe but some breeze from east coast. We are locals so well prepared with our hoodies + wind breaker so grand but some of teenagers were freezing + had to wrap up un towels.

We still had a ball + went for swim + then home to a roasting back garden which was much appreciated!

Humidity down to 40% at 11pm in Kildare. Very low for this time of the day.

I was on the coast yesterday and must say I didnt find it cold. It was 20 degrees on the coast yesterday. It is incredible the difference though when you go inland in Dublin. It was about 5 degrees warmer at casement yesterday. Our garden was lovely and warm
    appledrop wrote: »
    Another beautiful morning in Dublin.

We went to beach yesterday + wait for it it was chilly!

I know its hard to believe but some breeze from east coast. We are locals so well prepared with our hoodies + wind breaker so grand but some of teenagers were freezing + had to wrap up un towels.

We still had a ball + went for swim + then home to a roasting back garden which was much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RTE website has a high of 11c for wednesday and cloudy - I know RTE weather is a load of nonsense but is the spell going to end in a few days?

21.8°c in Kildare at midday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

RTE website has a high of 11c for wednesday and cloudy - I know RTE weather is a load of nonsense but is the spell going to end in a few days?

Yes, cooler and more showery spell from mid-week until the weekend. Still very low rainfall totals expected for Ireland however and likely to be a temporary blip than a long-term change.

Advertisement