Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 20 degrees in cork city at the moment, breeze is stronger then it was yesterday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yes, cooler and more showery spell from mid-week until the weekend. Still very low rainfall totals expected for Ireland however and likely to be a temporary blip than a long-term change.

Cheers. Hopefully it comes back. It's making my lack of social life right now a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

23 °C at Belmullet, Claremorris and Donegal Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Roscommon has been the place to be this week. Wouldnt mind being on a cruise boat on the river shannon! One of my favourite holiday types in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hovering very close to 25c since midday. Light breeze in South Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

1 pm

25 - Mount Dillon
    24 - Belmullet, Mace Head, Newport, Sligo Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

17.8 degrees in D9. It's getting cooler, was close to 19 earlier. Sea breeze really spoiling the temperature.

Casement down from 21 at 10am to 19 at 1pm.

Strange the effect its having today, breeze is nearly non existent here. Up to 18.2 again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Since the cloud has broken up the temperature has climbed quickly to 24.2C here near Tralee, milky blue sky.Feels like it could get warmer .

Relative Humidity very low at 51%

DkC9v9f.gif

temp_uk_nai6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another hot one in the west with Newport reporting 26 degrees @ 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

23.4°c in Kildare

• Advertisement

I wonder could Newport or mount dillon push for 28 today. If already 26 at 2pm, every chance. Tends to be warmest around 4 or 5pm
    Another hot one in the west with Newport reporting 26 degrees @ 2pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures certainly down on the past few days across much of Leinster with the sea breezes getting quite far inland. Currently 19C here at Dunshaughlin, a full 4 degree's cooler than yesterday.

Yes 20 at casement and Phoenix park today. They were up around 23-25 this week
    Gonzo wrote: »
    temperatures certainly down on the past few days across much of Leinster with the sea breezes getting quite far inland. Currently 19C here at Dunshaughlin, a full 4 degree's cooler than yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hottest day so far in West Clare, now 26.1°c, was 26.5°c a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

26c broken yet again in Sligo after cloud sent it to 23.5c

Left beach as was just going in an out of water roasting.

Early morning swims rock though

26.9c is our high this Summer.

Good chance to beat it but clouds about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭compsys

John.Icy wrote: »
    17.8 degrees in D9. It's getting cooler, was close to 19 earlier. Sea breeze really spoiling the temperature.

Casement down from 21 at 10am to 19 at 1pm.

Strange the effect its having today, breeze is nearly non existent here. Up to 18.2 again.

Agree. I’m in Dun Laoghaire and there’s far less of a sea breeze than any of the days this week and feels warmer yet official temps are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

pauldry wrote: »
    26c broken yet again in Sligo after cloud sent it to 23.5c

Left beach as was just going in an out of water roasting.

Early morning swims rock though

26.9c is our high this Summer.

Good chance to beat it but clouds about

Not summer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 22 degrees in cork city at the moment, bit of a breeze atm which is ok so it's perfect to be out and about in! Perfect weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

There are no words sometimes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely sunny day here in Meath but it doesn't feel that warm due to that sea breeze. Currently 20C which is probably as warm as it's going to get today.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are certainly looking a bit warmer for Leinster where we should get into the low 20's again closer to the coastline. Then a big change from Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

lovely sunny day here in Meath but it doesn't feel that warm due to that sea breeze. Currently 20C which is probably as warm as it's going to get today.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are certainly looking a bit warmer for Leinster where we should get into the low 20's again closer to the coastline. Then a big change from Wednesday.
    Gonzo would you be concerned about the medium term forecast as I see you mention big change?

Gonzo would you be concerned about the medium term forecast as I see you mention big change?

When I say big change i'm more referring to the temperature drop. Western areas that are hitting 26C regularly over the past few days and up to Tuesday will be back to 11 or 12C from Wednesday so that is quite a drop and will be a shock to the system for many, the nights will also be much cooler, could get to low single digits and the potential is there for some light frosts. I think for precipitation it's all still a bit up in the air, I don't think we will see much in the way of heavy rain. Northerlies are usually a fairly dry direction with light showers, we shall see.

This change to colder northerlies looks like lasting a bit longer than I would like, possibly for at least a week, after that we could revert back to dry, warm and settled, will be looking closely over the next week. Right now i'm not overly concerned about this colder spell, but i'd rather it wasn't happening at all!

This northerly is the sort of pattern we spend all winter dream about and it never happens, and here we are in June with quite the plunge. If we can escape most of the showers and we get regular spells of sunshine then it won't be too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If we can escape most of the showers and we get regular spells of sunshine then it won't be too bad.

After 3 months of virtually non existent rain, some showers would be welcome in the short term once this warm spell ends on Tuesday. Leinster in particular is in near drought conditions with the grass yellow in many places. I don't want to endure a summer of water rationing and widespread gorse bush fires due to the ground being like a tinder box.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

26.5c the (official) high for today, at Newport, according to ME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo town Max today 26.0c

So Thursday 26.8c
    Friday 25.4c
    Saturday 26.9c
    Sunday 26.0c

That's good going

Markree seems a degree colder than I'm reading here but I ain't going into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

High today in Kildare of 23.7°c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Still 22C here near Tralee after a high of 25.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 27/02/20
    u0QBuor.jpg
    31/05/20
    3ZpJdSt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

25.1C for my location in Kilkenny and nearby in the city it was 24.7C.
    Still 23.1C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My max was 24.5 today in North Kerry.

Still 20.3 and too hot to do anything physical outside.

Advertisement