Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Does anyone talk about the weather any more???

What weather? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Some flooding back again after today heavy rain, but things should improve significantly into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Tuesday ... it will be a miserable day
    After that ... it will become drier and brighter. A small bit of good news in what are,well,strange times.
    I hope all on the weather forum weather this Corona storm well. Stay safe all.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Not too bad a week ahead.jcx what happened you ? You turned very narky the last year especially over in the aviation forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

If we have half the spirit of our Italian cousins, then I think we'll come out just fine.

https://twitter.com/LitalLital7987/status/1238553577339174918

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's amazing how the Italians are supporting each other the best they can in the face of this huge crisis.

The death toll there is astonishing.

I'll be keeping the fingers crossed for better weather. I've a 3 year old to try + entertain while working from home + I'm guessing this will be extended to 5 weeks.

Today was a awful weather wise with all the rain compared to yesterday when he could play happily out the back. Fresh air is important for all of us at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Really do love the Met Office GIFs or videos whatever they're called.

How warm will this warm air be next week, and will it be sunshine or warm wind and rain ?

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1238819238606970880?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowc wrote: »
    Not too bad a week ahead.jcx what happened you ? You turned very narky the last year especially over in the aviation forum

Huh?

Aviation forum is a different issue, and I very infrequently post there nowadays.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Does anyone talk about the weather any more???

The weather is postponed until March 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild and wet now; earlier the clouds cleared a glorious bright half moon a few times before veiling it now.

Bitterly cold out here in the ocean.

west mayo all at sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wild and wet now; earlier the clouds cleared a glorious bright half moon a few times before veiling it now.

Bitterly cold out here in the ocean.

west mayo all at sea

Any lodging out there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite a bit of rain overnight and hefty showers up until a short time ago giving 5.8mm. Sun getting strong now and the garden awaits, well power hosing footpaths anyway. Will probably have to step in out of a few showers during the day. So quite with light breeze, hardly any planes flying overhead and very few cars on the move. Time for some physical work for a distraction and then take a boat with pad out to Grace :D

JZm4XMx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Grace have you any tips for us in self isolation? Only 2 days in + starting to crack already!

At least nicer day today so will get out for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice bright fresh day with great drying. Brisk walk on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    If we have half the spirit of our Italian cousins, then I think we'll come out just fine.

https://twitter.com/LitalLital7987/status/1238553577339174918

We don't. We'll sing the fields of athenry and want to kill ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Rainfall forecast up to the midweek period:

fpH9ZVZ.gif

Another wet spell staring tomorrow afternoon and lasting into Wednesday but after that, high pressure should start to have a bigger influence, although the process looks to be increasingly gradual affair rather than full on.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A decent day today, a bit nippy with the breeze, but a great day for a walk and for drying things out. Thankfully i don't have to worry about maintaining social distance, as no one else is around on my walking route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very warm in the sun in sheltered spots out of the breeze...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful afternoon. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just home from a good long walk. Very pleasant, even some decent warmth from the sun when walking along a sheltered road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Didnt realise how cold the breeze was outside was very warm in the sheltered garden most of the day....

Beautiful walk along the grand canal today. Got caught in a light rain shower. Was actually nice to just stick my face up into the rain without a care in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Has anyone got a link for the original met rainfall radar page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

We sometimes talk about the east west divide in terms of rainfall in Ireland. We know February was a wet one.

Weather Station|Month|Rainfall Total in mm
    Newport Furnace|February|342
    Dublin Airport|February|130

Stats from met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

vladmydad wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link for the original met rainfall radar page ?

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Was a nice evening in the west after a lovely bright, fresh and dry afternoon. Sat out and watched the sun set earlier while listening to a blackbird go through his full repertoire in a nearby tree. Glad to experience this calm in these strange and difficult times.

2.3c and clear in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

appledrop wrote: »
    Grace have you any tips for us in self isolation? Only 2 days in + starting to crack already!

At least nicer day today so will get out for a walk.

Walking regardless of the weather is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice enough day in Meath if a little chilly. Just back from a one hour walk in the countryside to clear my head from everything that is going on and I feel much better after it.

Advertisement