Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching Self Installation?

• 01-03-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Have Eir fibre coming from overhead poles, want to switch to Vodafone fibre, do I still need a technician to come out to install?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Have Eir fibre coming from overhead poles, want to switch to Vodafone fibre, do I still need a technician to come out to install?
    ..and if some go wrong who do you blame...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Vodafone Fibre is SIRO and Eir’s isn’t so it’s completely different fibre so yes you’ll need a technician - are you sure you can get SIRO?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

..and if some go wrong who do you blame...?

Don't understand you, vodafone work off the same lines as Eir, Do I just need to connect up vodafone modem or does a technician have to do something out at the black distribution box thing on the pole to get me connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Vodafone Fibre is SIRO and Eir’s isn’t so it’s completely different fibre so yes you’ll need a technician - are you sure you can get SIRO?

No We definetely can't get Siro, but checked eircode on vodafone website and it says we can get fibre? confused now, My local town is not Siro connected yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Interesting, perhaps Vodafone sell both, but they're one of the founding partners of SIRO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If it is coming over the same infrastructure (Eir's lines), then you will not need a technician. You should be able to self install by swapping the routers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

Interesting, perhaps Vodafone sell both, but they're one of the founding partners of SIRO.

They do sell both now (initially was only SIRO for FTTH). Where both Eir and Siro FTTH are available in the same area they would push SIRO but the Eir FTTH rollout wouldnt overlap much (nor is it likely to) so presumably they want access to that market.

They have also been pushing to move people off VDSL to FTTH, initially seemed to be in SIRO areas as presumably thats more in their interest given their stake in it, but they just tried to push my parents to move and they are in an Eir only FTTH area.

Advertisement