Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

19 mpg. Ford transit 2.4 and loaded with tools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Are you putting adblue directly into the fuel? That mental. Mpg figures are typical Toyota..

Ah no, it's got it's own tank but AdBlue *must* be
    burnt as fuel is burnt.

An older similar example would be a 2-stroke motor which as it's burning fuel must also burn 2-stroke oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

99nsr125 wrote: »
    AdBlue is consumed as you drive

It won't go without and it's not free either

I need Diesel and Adblue for moition so to exclude
    AdBlue and it's cost would skew running cost

I understand that but it makes no sense to add it to an MPG calculation, because it isn't fuel, it's an exhaust treatment. Sure you could ad an extra 10ml of engine oil per 100 kms to the equation too because it wont run without that either?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

23 mpg or 10.2l/100km.

09 325i. It loves the petrol. And injectors. And fuel pumps.

God almighty get a match/ petrol can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

110 afn but remapped, never got it tested but presuming at least 140bhp.

I thought it'd be a 110 they're the best version for mpg out of all the 1.9tdi engines. Simply a fantastic all rounder.

• Advertisement

I've gotten 1,000 miles to a tank out of my 99 b5 a4 1.9tdi a couple of times, driving like an absolute granny just to see could I do it.

62 litre tank in it, filled to the brim. Roughly 72.5mpg.

This was another time I got 967 miles to a tank
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200301-153308-Fuelio.jpg

Unreal,Savage mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

New Passat 2.0 with the “Evo” engine. Surprisingly far more efficient than the previous generation 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

was just working out the other day, 15lt per 100km and happy

Crock Rock wrote: »
    6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.
    Still mpg with me even though I've an import hybrid in litres,still like to convert in my mind to mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Crock Rock wrote: »
    6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.

I’m old school, it’s easier to get a mental picture of mpg. Simpletons? Now that’s a childish attitude, what age are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

skodacb wrote: »
    17 Octavia vRS diesel. 26,000 miles on the clock.

50mpg at 75-80mph on the motorways.

35-37mpg when driving in town.

17 Leon fr estate150 same.
    Say 55mpg at 50mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Is that the 1.3? They're supposed to be unbelievable on diesel. I'm getting 5.5 average over 22,000 km 191 2 litre superb.

Probably 1.6 Diesel. I had same in 142 tourer..very frugal on fuel.. Honda did a drive across Europe in one where they claims 90 plus mpg...

https://newatlas.com/honda-civic-tourer-fuel-efficiency-world-record/38340/

I never got anything like that but 70mpg was easy to achieve

I had a 3.3 litre straight diesel Nissan patrol in the 90’s, 31 mpg which I thought was fairly impressive and that wasn’t driving like a granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Golf 1.0 TSI 110hp DSG, 6.78L average a tank over 32,400km so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

MPG? I thought that's only in the UK no?

Fuel consumption of my car is 11L/100km in the city, goes down to 8L/100km outside the city.

Diabhalta wrote: »
    MPG? I thought that's only in the UK no?

Fuel consumption of my car is 11L/100km in the city, goes down to 8L/100km outside the city.

It’s in the US as well but their gallons are smaller, shock horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

:o
    IMG-6827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Heres one from my Golf 8.2 L/100km or 34.5 MPG. I cross check it using fuelly but the computer is extremely accurate consistently within 0.1 L/100km which I am always impressed by. My longterm average for the car sits at 34.6 MPG which I think is decent enough overall.

504371.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mazda's getting 48-49mpg
    DC2 used to get 27-28mpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

2 L passat estate 52 mpg on average but if I was driving it to its potential maybe 56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

CIP4 wrote: »
    Heres one from my Golf 8.2 L/100km or 34.5 MPG. I cross check it using fuelly but the computer is extremely accurate consistently within 0.1 L/100km which I am always impressed by. My longterm average for the car sits at 34.6 MPG which I think is decent enough overall.

504371.JPG
    What engine / transmission do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

What engine / transmission do you have?

2.0TSI DSG 245bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

raW2eCD.jpg
    If I trust my car computer it's a very economic little car! :P

Ah to be fair I think with the last try for best max mpg tank I did think the onboard tank measure was only off by .5 of a little or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

99nsr125 wrote: »
    191 Toyota Land Cruiser
    2.8 Diesel with AdBlue

11.5/100km = ~ 24mpg

with AdBlue at typicall 10% ratio
    12.7/100km = ~ 22mpg

That's averaged over 60,000km
    Jeez. Where’s the progress?
    My 15 year old LC with a 4.2 ltr engine has averaged 24.93mpg over the last 3.5 years.
    It did peak at 25.01 back in December but a bit of fast heavy towing has dragged the average down a fraction.
    That’s using an app to keep track of actual fuel used instead of the onboard display which usually shows 28-29mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Getting about 8.4l/100km

‘05 Saab 9-3

About 35mpg in old money?

Can get great results if I drive like a granny. If I cruise at about 80 on an open road it’ll drop. Found that out during the N7 upgrades past Naas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tazzimus wrote: »
    DC2 used to get 27-28mpg
    Lighter right foot Sir. :D On the Mazda front, a mate of mine has an RX8 in his stable and if he sees 20MPG he's chuffed. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Wibbs wrote: »
    Lighter right foot Sir. :D On the Mazda front, a mate of mine has an RX8 in his stable and if he sees 20MPG he's chuffed. :D

Rarely I'd imagine...( He sees 20)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Wibbs wrote: »

Mine used to see 300km if driven easy... Driven hard you'd easily empty the tank in 120km :o

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

colm_mcm wrote: »

Sweet spot for mpg is around 80km/h. Dramatically goes up if you change 130 for 110

But where's the fun in that, the RS can drink through as much diesel as she wants doing 3rd & 4th gear pulls to 4.5k rpm. There's more fun had in smiles per gallon than miles per gallon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

About 8l/100km / 35mpg average

320d xDrive

The car will do nearly twice that on the motorway but sadly a lot of my km and now urban

Advertisement