Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes, I’ve often heard of bigger cars with the same engine getting better mpg.

I’m putting it down to driver but even when trying I can’t get 70mpg for example.

I’m still happy though as it’s well over 30% more efficient than my petrol Civic was on the same driving - plus the fuel is approx 8% cheaper, and the tax is 30% the cost of the Civic.

I can get 60+ from the Superb on my work commute, M1 and M50, during the summer it’s pushing 65mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yes, I’ve often heard of bigger cars with the same engine getting better mpg.

I’m putting it down to driver but even when trying I can’t get 70mpg for example.

I’m still happy though as it’s well over 30% more efficient than my petrol Civic was on the same driving - plus the fuel is approx 8% cheaper, and the tax is 30% the cost of the Civic.

I did see 70 4.0/100 once on a leisurely drive around Kerry confirming what you say, 80 on N roads gives great returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Wailin

Before lockdown about 32mpg, now 26-27 with the short 'commutes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dylbert wrote: »
    I can get 60+ from the Superb on my work commute, M1 and M50, during the summer it’s pushing 65mpg.

What sort of speed would you be doing? I can get into the 60s if i take it handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    I get mad if I get above 3.7 on average and can get down to 3.1 on very long journeys (with passengers).
    Will be changing shortly to an EV, already drive like I have one.

Polo TDI bluemotion

Sorry, but if you are getting this fuel efficiency, what is the incentive for switching to a much more expensive EV? The cost of fitting a charging point to your house and the extra 10k the the EV costs will keep you going on fuel for a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

What sort of speed would you be doing? I can get into the 60s if i take it handy.

I find I get the best mpg on my journey home, taking N roads first for about 10 minutes at 70kph ish, then the car has warmed up a bit when I get to the M50, 100kph on M50, then a short 120kph stretch on the M1, then back onto N roads for a bit doing less than 80kph.

I can only get that kind of mpg taking it very handy and on warm days, I also think my journey home ihas more down hills because my mpg is always higher going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Superb has sightly longer gearing over the octy which helps at higher speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

28-31mpg normally, have seen as high as 37mpg crossing the country though.
    These are calculated figures because the car likes to say 50-60mpg 😂

280bhp Mk1 Octavia RS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

dylbert wrote: »

Superb

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    14mpg in town and up to 32 on a motorway run. Mercedes CL500

Feck

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    A little less of the cursing if you don't mind, and yes you are imagining it if you think the insight is a proper hybrid. It has a puny motor between the engine and gearbox it's more a mild toy hybrid, duke had, maybe still has one and he was disappointed with the fuel economy You still didn't tell me what km it gets from a full tank etc.

I’m happy enough with my 60 mpg, automatic all the extras , cheap and cheerful, does me , also have ladders up , loads of room , Uber reliable, oh and nearly forgot, there’s another FFS for ya kid

I’m happy enough with my 60 mpg, automatic all the extras , cheap and cheerful, does me , also have ladders up , loads of room , Uber reliable, oh and nearly forgot, there’s another FFS for ya kid

What km does it do to a tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

61.1 mpg Meath - Kerry in f30 320d.

What km does it do to a tank?

I’m getting on average 60 depending on my driving obviously, think you’ll have to go into the forum I advised previously for all the technical information (Insight Central)
    Most insight drivers around the world are: have been on it, believe me hypermiling etc and carefull driving produces more than 65 mpg( imperial)

I did see 70 4.0/100 once on a leisurely drive around Kerry confirming what you say, 80 on N roads gives great returns.

All down to weather, drivers right foot and driving habit

I’m getting on average 60 depending on my driving obviously, think you’ll have to go into the forum I advised previously for all the technical information (Insight Central)
    Most insight drivers around the world are: have been on it, believe me hypermiling etc and carefull driving produces more than 65 mpg( imperial)

I get 1100 km to the tank in the superb, how many km do you get? Tis like ministers question time here..

All down to weather, drivers right foot and driving habit

Ya think? Was that nugget of knowledge on the insight forum too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

keep it light its only a thread about mpg

Through my motoring history:
    somewhere over 40mpg in a car with a broken fuel gauge 1.2 litre
    48mpg 1.2 litre
    35mpg in 1.3 litre
    35mpg in 1.3 litre
    27mpg in 2 litre
    25mpg in 2.5 litre
    45mpg in a 1.2 litre
    25mpg in 2.5 litre
    4.8l/100km in a diesel 58.5mpg
    17 to 18kw/100km in an electric and the next one should be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Current long term average in the X2 is 5.2L/100km - that's 54.32mpg in old money, and I'm just approaching 7,900km in total on the car (was 50km on the clock when I collected it).

I did have it down to 4.9 when i was classed as more essential than most other people and the roads were empty. Went up to 5.0 when first lock down finished, and is now up to 5.2 due to either sitting in traffic due to a checkpoint, or (more often) taking back roads to avoid the huge queue to get off the motorway.

Less than 1km each way total that isn't decent R road or motorway - total commute 48km each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Petrol 07 hyundai accent .. 1.4
    Long term average 41.1 mpg ,
    But that's from the clock on the dash so ...
    ( Actually surprised it was as good as that to be honest )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Through my motoring history:
    somewhere over 40mpg in a car with a broken fuel gauge 1.2 litre
    48mpg 1.2 litre
    35mpg in 1.3 litre
    35mpg in 1.3 litre
    27mpg in 2 litre
    25mpg in 2.5 litre
    45mpg in a 1.2 litre
    25mpg in 2.5 litre
    17 to 18kw/100km in an electric and the next one should be similar

I'm getting 230 wh/km (23kWh/100km) in my current EV.
    Used to get 16kWh/100km in my leaf24 and ~14.5 in my Ioniq28

ELM327 wrote: »

And here we go....

And here we go....

What is your problem now

What is your problem now

You have to ask? Read the title.

You have to ask? Read the title.
    Do you correct those who post l/100km? I don't think you do.

Do you measure everything in imperial? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What are you driving now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

5.1l per100km so far over nearly three years, ( about 55mpg at a guess to comply with title._

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mone

55mpg average on mixed driving in an Insight.
    65mpg on my regular commute route.

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What are you driving now?

Us mad??

Advertisement