Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free standing electric cooker

Options
  • 01-03-2020 3:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Can anyone recommend a free standing electric cooker? One with a good reliable oven that's good for cakes and breads.

If you are happy with yours or have a warning about a make or model, please post here. TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Last year I had to change the cooker, wanted to get away from the old style rings and get a fan oven, about the best reviewed unit I could find was this belling double oven with halogen rings : https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/cooking/cookers/belling-fse60dop-60-cm-electric-ceramic-cooker-stainless-steel-10158573-pdt.html

Have to say its superb and does everything well. The fan oven cooks pretty evenly and the grill is decent too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks a million for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donegalpaddy

Hi. Can anyone recommend a free standing electric cooker? One with a good reliable oven that's good for cakes and breads.

If you are happy with yours or have a warning about a make or model, please post here. TIA!

hi i work a electric shop and we sell cookers. Electrolux and zanussi and hotpoint would be the best. you can get a double 60cm zanussi for 599. electrolux would be 699 roughly hinges would be a bit stronger on the electolux. Zanussi and electrolux have great ovens that you can cook on multi levels. belling used to be good cookers years ago but not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

hi i work a electric shop and we sell cookers. Electrolux and zanussi and hotpoint would be the best. you can get a double 60cm zanussi for 599. electrolux would be 699 roughly hinges would be a bit stronger on the electolux. Zanussi and electrolux have great ovens that you can cook on multi levels. belling used to be good cookers years ago but not anymore

Having said all that, we have a zanussi zcv662mxc and I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s no longer sold I believe. Hob is totally unreliable and the oven element went last year and since we replaced it the oven can never hit 250c anymore. :(

Thanks very much both of you, I am taking notes on all you say.

Gloom, how old is your cooker do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have an Electrolux double, built in oven that I'm extremely happy with - I'd definitely go Electrolux again if I needed an oven.

I have an Electrolux double, built in oven that I'm extremely happy with - I'd definitely go Electrolux again if I needed an oven.

Can you check the model for me and report back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks very much both of you, I am taking notes on all you say.

Gloom, how old is your cooker do you know?

3 or 4 years old, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The double oven in Electrolux cookers seems to be the same as the one in Zanussi and AEG, all part of the same group.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Can you check the model for me and report back?

Mine is a built in oven , not a free standing one.
    I was just recommending the brand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement