Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drop in performance after install of B525

• 01-03-2020 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice,. I have a B593u-12 and I was getting circa 10Mbps performance on it. Bought external antenna and no change. Got some advice and bought a B525s-23a and installed. I had a serious drop in performance so disconnected and started to use the B593 again

Today I done a speedtest with B593. 10Mbps.....straight away hooked up the B525 and done performance test. I am getting a max of 5Mbps. Both connected to the external antenna.

WHat could cause this issue? on vodafone mobile BB. Its a fully paid account.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-4G-XPOL-A0001-Cross-Polarised-Antenna/dp/B00C1DGFPS/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=4g+antenna&qid=1583081530&sr=8-6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Device name: B525s-23a
    Hardware version: WL1B520FM
    Software version: 11.230.03.01.55

Connecting to hs.vodafone.ie and dublin/dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

First thing I was guessing was APN but looks like you are keeping that consistent. Otherwise I'd be checking that you force 3G/4G on each router so as to rule that out. Also ensure that if the option is there in configuration on the B525 to use the external antenna like I believe it is on the B593. I know there is a little "toolbox" windows app (LTE Watch is the name IIRC) for some Huawei routers (I have for the E5186) that connects to the router and gives you signal strength/quality, S/N, etc. Just check if that works with your router as it would give you an idea if it is signal strength/quality related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Try disabling the WIFI's 5 Ghz radio in the router. I noticed a 1 to 2 bar increase when I turned mine off.

Advertisement