Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to stay

Options
  • 01-03-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,

I’m not familiar with Dublin at all..

I will be coming in late at night and will be going to the royal college of surgeons the following morning.

Can anyone recommend any areas that I could get accommodation for the night?

I will need to use public transport to get between places and it is Heuston station I will be using.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Budget?

The Westbury would be a fairly good location for where you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Hello,

I’m not familiar with Dublin at all..

I will be coming in late at night and will be going to the royal college of surgeons the following morning.

Can anyone recommend any areas that I could get accommodation for the night?

I will need to use public transport to get between places and it is Heuston station I will be using.

Thanks

No shortage of options for all budgets in that area. Just google royal college of surgeons ireland accommodation

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Yes I should have included a budget.
    Since only sleeping there , probably would like to keep it no more than 120e?
    I wouldn’t mind walking 15 or 20 mins or getting a bus either if I had to..

Yes I know there are many options. I was just looking for some help picking a place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plenty of AirBnB choices for half your budget (real Airbnb in someone's spare room) on bus routes to Stephen's green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

why not check out tripadvisor.com or (hotel) bookings.com or the like - you can often get good deals in whatever price range your specify. If you use tripadvisor the hotels are usually mapped into google maps so you can get an idea if where they are in the context of the rcsi. AirBnb is a good idea as e120 is a lot to spend particularly if you are a student or interviewing. If you ate staying in the city centre you should able to walk as the rcsi is right at the top of Grafton Street and around the corner. If you are up for a serious reason ( interview) rather than an openday I would be avoiding loud noisy places like temple bar or the many appart’hotels’ as you probably wont get a winks sleep. I would also avoid Pearse street unless its the hotel literally on the corner beside the firebrigade and gaurda station. I would also avoid anything in Gardiner St or lower Talbot St ( thou you might be ok in Barrys Hotel)for obvious reasons. I guess you know that the Westbury is one of the more most expensive hotels in Dublin - a coffee there 3 years ago cost e8.50!!! Checking hotels.com there seems to be reasonable value ( depends on your date) in the Jurys, Central hotel on the cusp of Parnell square ( lovely hotel & staff), Barrys Hotel, Russel Hotel and the Hotel in Smithfield ( bit noisy & isolated at night) but an easy walk to rcsi. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement