Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Citizenship

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

My Colombian baby nephew got his irish passport last week i didnt even know 9 month olds got passports. The forms must have been a mare for him. He hasnt even been here yet. Looks like some posters wont be happy if he moves here one day and darkens the general skin tone of the pure blood Oirish!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

I became an Irish national through naturalisation in December 2019. Whole process took 13 months from start to finish, €1200 (payment only accepted through bank draft), and don't forget swearing my fidelity to the State.

Getting the Irish passport took another 3 months (the Gardai kept filling my ID form in incorrectly) and a further €100 on top. Was not an easy process, met a lot of people at the ceremony and from the sample I met all had very good jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Removalist wrote: »
    Fair play to for you for answering. I've asked many immigration loving cucks that question before and never got an answer.

Get off the American forums.

"Cucks", you sound like a spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

Giblet wrote: »
    Get off the American forums.

"Cucks", you sound like a spanner.

Ok boomer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

Ok boomer.

Haha, classic :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

noveltea wrote: »
    You do have to sit a test on Canada and swear to the Queen.

Off to the Tower with you!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Looks like some posters wont be happy if he moves here one day and darkens the general skin tone of the pure blood Oirish!

Would you agree with the old adage about beauty being only skin deep? What about eye colour(s) and nose sizes. Stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Would you agree with the old adage about beauty being only skin deep? What about eye colour(s) and nose sizes. Stuff like that

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What about it?

What of the soul of a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ok boomer.

Now listen here young man!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tibet for the Tibetans!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

dan1895 wrote: »
    Why does people coming here from other countries to start a new life upset so many people?

If they come here legally, fair play to them.

Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, should be deported ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Geuze wrote: »
    If they come here legally, fair play to them.

Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, should be deported ASAP.

But the thread is about people here legally who are legally getting Irish citizenship but still people get their knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Should have to be able to speak Irish to become an Irish citizen.

Why who they gonna speak to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

dan1895 wrote: »
    Why does people coming here from other countries to start a new life upset so many people?

Because some people think that the wonderful life of luxury they enjoy in this extremely priveleged 1st world country is going to be diluted in some way by having to share with others.
    Some people don’t like brown/black skinned people. They don’t like how they look, don’t like how they talk.
    Some people are very afraid of brown/black skinned people but they are not sure what it is they are afraid of.
    Some people think that any foreigner is inferior in every way possible to any native Irish person.
    Everyone else is just getting on with their own lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Does anyone know why Irish people in China are not Chinese citizens and are racing back here because of that virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

vriesmays wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Irish people in China are not Chinese citizens and are racing back here because of that virus.

...because they don't want to get the virus....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

vriesmays wrote: »

China doesn’t recognize multiple citizenships so I doubt many of the Irish people living take citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Geuze wrote: »
    OK, so citizenship is different to ethnicity, ok.

So many people are acquiring citizenship, but they are not ethnically Irish, ok.

Is ethnically Irish = of Celtic descent?

You do realise that the Celts were not 'Irish'? Its a bit hazy but they appear to have come from the Mediterranean region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Around Austria/Switzerland, from hazy primary school history lessons on Hallstadt and La Tene.

Advertisement