Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free software to convert Video for Panasonic TV Format

Options
  • 02-03-2020 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi there ,

Have a bit of an issue with a Panasonic Viera TV.

It has a USB port but it wont recognize any of the video files (MP4) on a USB stick.

Have formatted the stick to FAT32 but this does not help.

A bit of google and I see that I need to convert my MP4 s to a Panasonic TV Format.

The video converters are a bit pricey considering this is a one off that I am doing as a favor for an elderly relative, are there any free software options out there that can do this ?

Thanks ,

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Handbrake

Try converting it to .AVI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Hi there ,

Have a bit of an issue with a Panasonic Viera TV.

It has a USB port but it wont recognize any of the video files (MP4) on a USB stick.

Have formatted the stick to FAT32 but this does not help.

A bit of google and I see that I need to convert my MP4 s to a Panasonic TV Format.

The video converters are a bit pricey considering this is a one off that I am doing as a favor for an elderly relative, are there any free software options out there that can do this ?

Thanks ,

B
    MP4 format(container) is most popular and it is supported by Panasonic TV
    What i suspect is unsupported codec.

See if VLC can help
    https://www.vlchelp.com/convert-video-format/

HandBrak for more pro take
    https://handbrake.fr/

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Thanks I managed to get a converter called Pavtube . It converts to an MP4 specific for a panasonic tv.

It still didn't recognize the file however , in fact it seems to not even recognize the usb stick.

is it possible that I need to format it with the usb in the TV set in order for it to recognize it ?

Il try options suggested above too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Refer to your TV model (?) to what format external storage is supported and what codec it canread.
    Try different external storage

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It still didn't recognize the file however , in fact it seems to not even recognize the usb stick.

Is this some ancient thing and a big USB (64/128GB)? You might need to get a small USB and format to FAT32 and reencode video uncompressed AVIs. At which point just buy a chromecast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement