Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

road_high wrote: »
    Is there some kind of rain shield around Kilkenny? The place is absolutely parched and we’ve had several days of thunder/heavy rain all around us, we keep escaping most of it.
    Same this evening. Can hear the thunder to the east but warm and sunny here still

Same over the border here in South Laois. Last night's "shower" was just 1.9mm. Hardly enough to keep the dust down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Danno wrote: »
    Same over the border here in South Laois. Last night's "shower" was just 1.9mm. Hardly enough to keep the dust down.

We must be trapped in the same Nore valley vein. Although they had a huge shower last Saturday across north Kilkenny- dry as a bone in Kilkenny itself then. I was out in Durrow and road was covered in surface water through ballyragget

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy Rain in the Kildare Desert. Bliss

Ballyragget has got hit by a few showers over the past few days or so. Similar setup at the start of June too!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cell in Wicklow, near Tinahely, producing sparks now...and another cell near Roundwood too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The Met Eireann app forecasts thunder for Dublin from around 10pm tonight, and on and off from then until maybe early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Very very unlikely at this stage

Been good development in the last two hours over W Dublin. Radar showing to cells in the last frame or two. Don't think it's game over yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Relying on this vort lobe to pump some action into Leinster this evening and tonight as SBCAPE is now waning. It might give a shot in the arm to the cells already established but to be honest I thought today would produce more in the way of lightning. Lots of nice towers all around me here and not moving anywhere but time, she waiteth not. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Torrential downpour near Lucan. And we have a rumble!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah, i know, i think once the wife is home going to hit the road northeast, big cauliflower going up now between new ross and enniscorthy

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

UK Met model has potentially heavy showers continuing on and off along the east coast region throughout the night. 4am chart:

IHFQZY4.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Torrential downpour near Lucan. And we have a rumble!

Looking at it from D12, plenty of intense clouds around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »
    Heavy Rain in the Kildare Desert. Bliss

Another one looks to be building and heading down the M4 to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Reversal wrote: »
    Been good development in the last two hours over W Dublin. Radar showing to cells in the last frame or two. Don't think it's game over yet

Gerry Murphy a few moments ago forecast activity to reignite onto the east coast during the night, following something of a lull in the late evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy a few moments ago forecast activity to reignite onto the east coast during the night, following something of a lull in the late evening.

Desperately want to be woken up by loud thunder and blue flashes tonight on the east coast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at ME local forecast online for me, for Dublin 16, it says rain with thunder from 11pm tonight until 11am tomorrow! :)

Ohhh....distant thunder in Dublin 16. Quite dark to my SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Ohhh....distant thunder in Dublin 16. Quite dark to my SW.

Thought I heard it too.

Rumble in S Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Rumble here in Tallaght now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

A little rumble in the D24 jungle just there. Sky gone black.

And another louder rumble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Torrential rain and a few claps of thunder D22.
    Its kicking off early!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Hearing those rumbles in Lucan.

Another rumble heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A welcome 2.6mm of rain, won't complain, its better than 0.0mm, the heaviest rain in the thunderstorm seemed to go a little south of me.
    It's the veggie path watered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I've been hearing rumbles for the last half hour down here in south Wicklow to my west and north

Good few strikes all around the south east the last few minutes - here's a handy link: https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=sts;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=64.35;ts=0;z=8;y=52.427;x=-6.651;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Absolutely chucking it down in Tallaght, WOW

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »

Harmonie 12z not showing it. What else do the reference for hi res?

Advertisement