Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

And another with a bit of a flash I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,591 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just looking out the back door at the Blackstairs.
    It's dropping rain atm. There's a bank of white cloud over the mountains.
    Then between me and the white low cloud and above that there's a wall of black cloud sucking up whisps of more black underneath it. It's like steam from a bath being pulled into this black cloud only its black steam and a constant renewing black cloud.
    Ah ye get the message it's cool and black! :p And the mountains are its origin with it moving then on to the south overhead.

Thunder and lightning has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Good few flashes going off now in D24

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Scrabbel

2 strikes in Tallaght showing on blitzortung. A few more around Dublin after dark would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Kiltipper lightning up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

A lot of development off the Wexford coast now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

thomasj wrote: »
    Intense shower in the Clonsilla area just now .

Hilarious. I can actually hear it where you are standing in my garden in the back of Clonee and its still dry (well a few drops on the breeze). The garden is bloody parched too! Send over a few bucket fulls!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Interestingly there is development beginning to occur just off the coast east of Wexford and north Wicklow.

A good sign for that shortwave seems to be approaching, could up activity tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

will d5 get thunderstorms tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Been a while since I’ve seen rain like this, D24. Gutters overflowing. Few flashes in the distance and decently loud rumbles.

• Advertisement

chris2007 wrote: »

I'll swap you that information for the lotto numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

New cell heading for Ashbourne

Been a while since I’ve seen rain like this, D24. Gutters overflowing. Few flashes in the distance and decently loud rumbles.

Strikes recorded up around the Old Military Road by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just been walking around D5. Skies in the distance look active. Horribly muggy outside.Not enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

They are very localised. Where they hit is very subjective to the conditions at the time. Very had to say.

Areas within red zones could be 1-2km out of range of a cell.

Looking at it on face value I wouldn’t expect D5 to get much if any activity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Hilarious. I can actually hear it where you are standing in my garden in the back of Clonee and its still dry (well a few drops on the breeze). The garden is bloody parched too! Send over a few bucket fulls!

Give yourself some time , that sky is ominous looking .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Park West now. Think I'll be heading out tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Knowing where you are, and the orientation, that's probably the 'stuff' over Meath/Navan.

Would it be that far?

thomasj wrote: »
    Give yourself some time , that sky is ominous looking .

Certainly is, but the rain radar shows that cell has passed me by. More hopeful of new ones cropping up like the one KDF mentioned north of Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

18z HARMONIE flipped and is now showing increasing activity in Dublin up until about 1am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Would it be that far?

You would.

I was in Dun Laoghaire yesterday and could see the cloud tops/anvils in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Second torrential downpour of the evening in Lucan now. Could hear faint rumbles but the action seemed to be further south, over Clondalkin area. The garden is really enjoying these downpours. Drains and gutters overflowing. There is a muggy feel to the night... I'm hoping we get a light show after dark.....

Second torrential downpour of the evening in Lucan now. Could hear faint rumbles but the action seemed to be further south, over Clondalkin area. The garden is really enjoying these downpours. Drains and gutters overflowing. There is a muggy feel to the night... I'm hoping we get a light show after dark.....

Ya sure, rub it in. I'm 5k from you and not a drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Any updated wizard maps for the night? Whats the chance of another storm or are we done for the night.

Seems to have gone all quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Any updated wizard maps for the night? Whats the chance of another storm or are we done for the night.

Seems to have gone all quiet.

There seems to be a cell developing over North Dublin/Ashbourne area which will hopefully move south and could bring some action with it.

Reversal wrote: »
    18z HARMONIE flipped and is now showing increasing activity in Dublin up until about 1am.

This was causing Gerry Murph grief altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

All the action seems to be following the M50 and avoiding the city.

Trying to join the fun down in Wexford ASAP possibly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Hi can someone tell me what the weather is expected to be like in Dublin on Saturday 20th June?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The setting sun really highlighted those big showers in the SE this evening:

tcAeIBs.gif

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Weekend: Changeable and breezy over the weekend. There will be some rain at times in most places, with some heavy falls in places on Saturday and again later Sunday but there will be dry bright periods also, especially in eastern areas. Breezy on Saturday with highs of 16 to 18 degrees Celsius and fresh southwest winds, temperatures of 17 to 22 degrees on Sunday in southerly winds.

Advertisement