Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

theballz wrote: »
    Huge flash over terenure, followed by a slight rumbling with a vicious bang shortly afterwards. That was ten long minutes ago, it’s all quiet now, not a breeze to be seen as the trees stand tall, still and to attention. Preparing for what’s ahead and waiting for a wash to follow.

Our skies truly are remarkable.

Where in Terenure are you? I'm just at Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Met Eireann have forecast that thunderstorms will die away tonight, as seems to be the case.

Looking at the chart for Clondalkin, showers and thunderstorms are meant to be in place until around 1am with a lull until around 4am.

Nothing really continuous up to later tomorrow morning, as had been the case before, bar a two/three hour gap overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    several showers here at Dunshaughlin over past few hours but no thunder or lightning in any of them.

Two days straight with thunder here and just a dribble of a totally useless shower for about a minute with the first round. Mismatch big stylie.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Seen a video of some severe flooding in Tallaght this evening. Catching cars out testing how high they stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Met Eireann have forecast that thunderstorms will die away tonight, as seems to be the case.

Looking at the chart for Clondalkin, showers and thunderstorms are meant to be in place until around 1am with a lull until around 4am.

Nothing really continuous up to later tomorrow morning, as had been the case before, bar a two/three hour gap overnight.

Their model has thunderstorms continuing throughout the night over much of the east and midlands.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Some hilarious posters on here with their "never going to happen, told you so, but maybe, oh defo its on" and back to "never going to happen just as I said".

It was better when they only annoyed us during snow events...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Biblical burst of rain in Lucan just now. Street is flooded as drain can't take it away. At least I won't be stressed about my trees and plants dying from drought after this. One less thing to worry about in a very stressful world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Some hilarious posters on here with their "never going to happen, told you so, but maybe, oh defo its on" and back to "never going to happen just as I said".

It was better when they only annoyed us during snow events...

Maybe a fall of snow might take their mind off the thunderstorms!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Not a drop of rain in my area of coastal north Dublin today, what I'd give for even some rain! Ground is baked hard and grass is burning off

Fingers crossed for a few sparks, last time I saw lightning here was June 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Not a drop of rain in my area of coastal north Dublin today, what I'd give for even some rain! Ground is baked hard and grass is burning off

Opposite end of the county to you here and the ground is nearly soggy at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Paso Fino wrote: »

Exact same as me. Costal north county, scorched grass, and not a sniff of a spark in years

All starting to go a little flat it seems...

The torrential downpours in Lucan have ceased but the mugginess outside is like being abroad. I think that's it for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Convection still building up over south Dublin and Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

The torrential downpours in Lucan have ceased but the mugginess outside is like being abroad. I think that's it for tonight.

I would say so met.ie updated weather forecast.. still was the most interesting bit of weather in a long time,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy rain in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

The rain jealousy is strong in me today! Very close here and a fine mist forming with how still it is - the forecast and models are conflicting though, supposedly no rain versus deluges tomorrow morning - I'm sincerely hoping for the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Hammering down in D6 now.... large drops and hoping for more...

EDIT: literally as I pressed “post” it stopped haha

Some beefy showers after just popping up all of a sudden in N Wexford. Life in this yet it would seem. Nothing immediately evident for Dublin but hopefully that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Very heavy shower in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Heavy rain back in D6 now.... was gonna call it a night and head to bed but will hang around now for a bit

Heaviest rain in Naas of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sudden downpour in D14

Heavy rain back in D6 now.... was gonna call it a night and head to bed but will hang around now for a bit

Same as, the new returns over Dublin bay giving a tiny bit if hope. Some starting if activity in the Irish Sea now too

Heaviest rain in Naas of the day

How there’s no lightning in this I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Dry as a bone in my part of d6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Where in Terenure are you? I'm just at Tesco

I am in bushy park. The crisp fresh rain has now begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Some more thunder here near Arklow around 10 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Development now north of Angelsey, could get interesting later on.

This is what I have been waiting to see the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

I can't sleep so I may as well watch YouTube thunderstorms while waiting to see if anything happens later. Christ above its warm.... I have the window open.

Advertisement