Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

leahyl wrote: »
    Looking out the window now, apart from there being a little more cloud cover, you wouldn't think anything was coming...

I can see lovely fluffy clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I find this one brilliant it sends a lightning strike that sounds like a text great to wake you up at night. Get in the google store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrustonapps.mylightningtracker&hl=en_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Will North Dublin see lightning tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cell off the S has slowed down activity, seems to be running into fairly brisk surface winds which could help to fire it up. Some of the convection coming out of France might make it's way here overnight.

nbT8Lmk.png

vVNmmHJ.gif

oZ4qGLo.gif

JbuZRJE.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Tune into Bigjet.tv on You Tube or Facebook and see live coverage of planes landing at London Heathrow Airport amongst thunderstorms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Tune into Bigjet.tv on You Tube or Facebook and see live coverage of planes landing at London Heathrow Airport amongst thunderstorms.

Jez the camera work is brutal he cant keep still for a minute I have a headache watching it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Plenty warm and high DP's

21.6C here near Tralee and Dp of 17.6C

V9kHctx.png

0glUO1e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heading out to my spot will update if anything happens

spookwoman wrote: »
    Heading out to my spot will update if anything happens

Very high readings for thunderstorm potential tonight around Waterfrod and very heavy rain.

46S1poc.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Jpmarn wrote: »

I’d rather watch paint dry then Jerry Dyer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sooo humid in Co Waterford, ive a headache already which is a real sign for me thunder is in the air, hope there isn't too much rain on the way, where I work is prone to flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Wales getting battered again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

RubyK wrote: »
    Sooo humid in Co Waterford, ive a headache already which is a real sign for me thunder is in the air, hope there isn't too much rain on the way, where I work is prone to flooding.

Feels like Spain here, just dead heat even without the sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Sweat is dripping off me inside the house with front and back door open. Two feckin bees annoying me now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

It sure does, haven't felt heat and heaviness like this in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Waterford airport reporting a temperature of 24 degrees and a dew point of 19 degrees. Sticky!

EIWF 121530Z VRB03KT 9999 FEW035 24/19 Q1014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

RubyK wrote: »
    It sure does, haven't felt heat and heaviness like this in years.
    Same here in South Tipp,looks like 630-7pm things might get lively here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Waterford airport reporting a temperature of 24 degrees and a dew point of 19 degrees. Sticky!

EIWF 121530Z VRB03KT 9999 FEW035 24/19 Q1014

In Tramore its 25 degrees at the moment with 19.1 degrees dew point

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like a MCS west of London in the last hour. Looks explosive!

• Advertisement

Can see a dark mass way out on the horizon that's probably it but lot of haze about

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

At my station in Waterford City a Max Temp of 26.2c recorded which is a year High and also the Highest August Temp I’ve recorded since I started collecting August data in 2011.
    Also a Station record Dew Point of 21.1c recorded with data going back to October 2010

https://www.waterford-weather.com
    https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm in North Kildare, a few KM SE of Enfield and the sky overhead and to my west has taken on an ever darkening and uniform dark grey appearance.
    Latest satellite return show hints of some convection in the area.

Additionally, the new cells firing up in southwest Wales have, at first glance, what looks to be a trajectory closer to northwest than to North......similar trajectory to the storms in England. It might be a illusion by way of the way they are building but it shouldn't be too long before their path becomes more evident.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A rash of thunderstorms breaking out now across the UK midlands. :( Not a (recent) spark out of the stuff to the south of Ireland.

Can see those convection clouds peeking out between the lower clouds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

spookwoman wrote: »
    Can see those convection clouds peeking out between the lower clouds.

What is your location SW?
    If you can say please?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What is your location SW?
    If you can say please?

Copper Coast monument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Yea a non runner.
    Meteoalarm only showing yellow alert for rain,no sparks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Years of thunder watching tells me nothing tonight anyway. You need to see Biscay alight at this time with lightning strikes and moving northward for anything widespread or noteworthy into Munster and Leinster and its completely quiet now. Welsh storms and NW France do t pose any threat to us sadly. So we move on. Another barren year for thunder continues.

• Advertisement

Wonder if this northerly breeze is having an effect

Advertisement