Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The forecast on bbc breakfast this morning had some thundery showers around the meath, louth, cavan areas during the night, early morning, lets see if they are right, they usually are

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Very frequent flashes and the odd rumble now off Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Looks like plenty of potential brewing in the Celtic sea for southern counties overnight. The cell just NW of Cornwall looks especially interesting, it's really blowing up now, but they often they peak too early and die before reaching our shores, one to watch for sure.

The Irish Sea is also looking quite lively now, possibly a surprise for the Dublin area later but I'm very cautious to get excited yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

seeing a few very faint flashes to my east here just outside Dunshaughlin so the lightning from those storms is actually just about visible here at times. They must be massive flashes to make it this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Lots of lightning to the southeast of us here in North wexford. Came out to look for meteors again but saw lighting instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Huge activity off Cornwall all right, Blitzortung capturing it well

NjzJLIn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

What a monster brewing off SW Wales and headed Wexford/Waterford way! :eek:

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/infraPolair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fairly frequent flashes from Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fork lightning quite close to Arklow now according to mate

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh now I'm interested... I seen on the weather app.. some strong stuff for Wexford, I'm outside, tunes going and looking a far.... Only seen a few UFO and possibly the boogyman... But can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Lots of flashes at tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

In Ashford and heard a loud long rumble. Very long but nearest hit I can see is well well off the coast closer to wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Oh now I'm interested... I seen on the weather app.. some strong stuff for Wexford, I'm outside, tunes going and looking a far.... Only seen a few UFO and possibly the boogyman... But can't wait

Lots of lightning here in the North of the county anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

pad199207 wrote: »
    Fork lightning quite close to Arklow now according to mate

Similar reported on Blitzortung

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How likely/fast is to push up into Kilkenny from Waterford/Wexford coast?!

Big boom in gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Fog isn't really helping here in Tramore, crowd is growing though along the prom. Faint lightning and thunder atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Any distance flashes be seen from Dublin from any thing down south east

Fog isn't really helping here in Tramore, crowd is growing though along the prom. Faint lightning and thunder atm.

What peeps are actually out???

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Got a call from a mate who's in a high-ish area of Kilkenny city. Watching flashes in the distance.

I can’t see a thing unfortunately..!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

chris2007 wrote: »
    Any distance flashes be seen from Dublin from any thing down south east

They are visible here in Meath just north of Dublin and are very faint but you have to be in a very dark location with no light pollution to see it.

What peeps are actually out???

Yeah plenty of people in cars and sitting on the wall of the lower prom.i think most are people on their way back to mobile homes stopping for a look though, 2 people have cameras set up on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

A lot of activity already over hook head, plenty of thunder and lots of flashes. Gonna be an interesting few hours down here!

Yeah plenty of people in cars and sitting on the wall of the lower prom

Cool spot to watch it. If it was anything like a few months ago it would be some display to watch

Gavlor wrote: »
    A lot of activity already over hook head, plenty of thunder and lots of flashes. Gonna be an interesting few hours down here!

I was in Dunmore-east this afternoon and the heat was stifling so not too surprising

South coast here just outside Dungarvan. It's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Building up nicely over Wexford town

road_high wrote: »
    Cool spot to watch it. If it was anything like a few months ago it would be some display to watch

Yeah last storm was a sight!

Seems to be getting closer/brighter.

Temps still sitting at 20.2 Dec C with 85% humidity. Tis rare to be in a t-shirt and warm at this hour in Ireland! Especially by the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

In Delvin co Westmeath and can see faint lightning to the south! Not showing on lightning maps

• Advertisement

Yeah plenty of people in cars and sitting on the wall of the lower prom.i think most are people on their way back to mobile homes stopping for a look though, 2 people have cameras set up on the beach.

Deadly, I'm going to stay as long as safe ingarden tunes going

Advertisement