Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well pump service

Options
  • 02-03-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend someone to service a well pump and test the well water for me? I'm in the Rathdrum area.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Can't advise on servicing, beyond that the pumps are normally submerged in a sealed bore and aren't easily accessed, unless there is something wrong they are best left alone.

You can do the testing yourself, a number of labs around the country offer testing, the one I used (http://www.alsglobal.ie/services/domestic-drinking-water/) sent out the kit, you carefully fill the bottles and sent them back to them (or drop them in if you are close by) and get the results a few days later.

When I was looking at companies for water treatment it was obvious they mostly used the same few labs as well, often adding on a small charge for the same tests.

If you are using well water you ought to be testing your supply periodically anyway.

Advertisement