Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand X230, slightly different specs.

• 02-03-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently bought a second hand X230 off amazon.

Overall I'm happy but I thought that I'd post here for a sanity check in case I'm overlooking something and am being ripped off.

Main specs that were advertised were:
    • i5-3320M @ 2.60GHz
    • 8GB ram
    • 256GB SSD

When it came I noticed that the cpu was in fact a i5-4300U @ 1.90GHz

There is about a 10% difference in performance according to most comparison sites. For what I'll be using it for (writing/coding) i don't think that I'll notice.

Now usually I'd be annoyed but the thing was second hand and when it came it looks brand new, no scratches or scuffs. Also I only paid €200 for it.

So while it is not as advertised I'm still pretty happy with it. What are your opinions on it? My main concern is that the current laptop is in fantastic nick and I'm worried that if I do return it a replacement could be in worse condition.

Comments

there is not much in it and not worth returning.

you could ask to get a partial discount to see if they might do that.

so you keep the laptop and get some money back

Advertisement