Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend prepaid debit card

Options
  • 02-03-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a prepaid debit card for a VPN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

cobzzq wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a prepaid debit card for a VPN.

Most vouchers these days are pre-paid MasterCards. Dundrum Vouchers, for example, are MasterCards and work online. Note, however, they don't all work online. If I was you, I'd check in the voucher sector of Tesco, you can sometimes just buy a pre-paid card.

You can check with the first four digits (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_card_number)

With respect to the deeper question about paying for a VPN, your digital fingerprint is still on it unless you are building and hosting it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

ironclaw wrote: »
    Most vouchers these days are pre-paid MasterCards. Dundrum Vouchers, for example, are MasterCards and work online.

Dundrum no longer work. They are still on the mastercard platform but locked to the merchant numbers of the traders.
    All of the other centres are moving that way too.

So unless it has a mastercard symbol printed on it, it won't be useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

silver2020 wrote: »
    Dundrum no longer work. They are still on the mastercard platform but locked to the merchant numbers of the traders.
    All of the other centres are moving that way too.

So unless it has a mastercard symbol printed on it, it won't be useable.

Good to know, thanks! I remember years ago you could circumvent some Ryanair fees by using one.

Advertisement