Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zones & Hot water in hot press

• 02-03-2020 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for some advice here. We moved into a new house and I'm looking at some upgrades to the heating system but first I need to know what I'm dealing with in order to prioritise.

Number 1 at the minute is isolating heating and hot water. Both are heated by an oil fired boiler but we need to have the heating on just to get hot water.

I've included some pics of the hot press I need help with. I'm fairly sure the 2 motorised valves in the picture are upstairs and downstairs heating but can anyone tell which is hot water and what to turn off just to have the boiler heating only water (and not the rads)?

....and any idea what one might pay for a boiler service? Firebird popular 150 oil boiler - I'd be surprised if it's ever been serviced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

The two motorised valves are hot water and heating, the top one is your hot water and lower one your heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nosedive

Ah! Thanks Wiz. I wasnt looking at that right at all. Seems a strange set up because there doesn't seem to be any zoning for the heating yet there are 2 thermostats in the house- always suspected they were useless.

Advertisement