Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naomi Seibt-German Climate truth telling Teen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Feisar wrote: »
    Opens thread

Sees who the OP is

Closes thread.

Is a bit closer to the truth in fairness.

True but

God forbid you should ever use logic on this forum!.

Naomi seibt is a puppet of the party afd, alternative fuer Deutschland, a extreme right wing party .they are hiring these blond Germanic looking things to make bad propaganda...she is awful

Germanic looking, she is German!. Now imagine a German person looking German. That's one eh!.

Proof of your claim please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yes, because scientific consensus always needs to be balanced by bull****. I mean, I like knowing that the earth is round but maybe I would be better off informing myself from flat earther theories. Would that give me a more well-rounded, pardon the pun, education or would I get closer to the levels of stupidity seen in flat-earthers?

I honestly think that some people think science, like politics, comes with different viewpoints that can be equally true. It’s how pseudoscience thrives and why for example people believe that homeopathy will cure them of an illness that kills 100% of people. Because they believe in it, it must be true.

Not the science can never be wrong. Things have been revised and refined as techniques advance. But some people do seem to approach science politically which is most odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Englo

I honestly think that some people think science, like politics, comes with different viewpoints that can be equally true. It’s how pseudoscience thrives and why for example people believe that homeopathy will cure them of an illness that kills 100% of people. Because they believe in it, it must be true.

Not the science can never be wrong. Things have been revised and refined as techniques advance. But some people do seem to approach science politically which is most odd to me.
    It's because it is so, so easy to find and show instances where science has been wrong. This is because science is basically 'the art of being wrong' and constantly looking to identify and improve on any errors. It's a process of constant and ongoing alteration and improvement.

The far right on the other hand reject this as tends to be common among authoritarians and those that yearn to be under its control. This is because the above is too scary, too intimidating and too much work for them, and so in steps some grifter shouting "I found a point where science was wrong!!! I have all the answers! Follow me and I will give all of the definitive answers which you will never have to question because I have them!!". Simular concept as many religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Absolutely. Without decent scientific literacy or an inquisitive mind, Feynman's explanations of quantum mechanics don't sound any less kookie than Deepak Chopra's. To the layman they sound equally valid but the showmanship of Chopra is probably more attractive, despite Feynman's charisma.

Climate change is a little different because how we react to it is ultimately political. That the earth is warming due to our behaviour and that the long term results of this warming aren't good isn't in doubt at this point among actual climate scientists any more than newtonian mechanics are in doubt among the scientists who send rockets to planets that are 10s of millions of kilometers away. What we are prepared to do about it is a political question. There's a legit debate to be had about the best approach and whether carbon taxes are any good and how we should be powering our societies and so on.

Unfortunately, most people aren't really capable of dealing with the nuance here so instead of people dealing with the same facts while trying to figure out the best approach to reduce the problems with the least economic disruption, you get people denying that it's happening altogether. This isn't surprising in a world where the spherical earth is disbelieved but it never stops surprising me.

It's a self-correcting process where scientists love finding mistakes in the work of others. Unfortunately, to the uninformed it looks no different from the outside to the magic words and dogma of religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

There are loads of Germans who do not fulfill the German stereotype used by the nazis.. they did not hire any of them. I am German, I can smell the bad stink that they are producing even if it dressed up as a floral scent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It's a self-correcting process where scientists love finding mistakes in the work of others. Unfortunately, to the uninformed it looks no different from the outside to the magic words and dogma of religion.

Lol, yes. Scientists are as egotistical as anyone else and love to catch each other out. Some of my college professors openly bitched about each other in lectures. Science regulates itself through these very human characteristics. It’s a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

My climate girl is better than your climate girl ! Your climate girl is obviously a plant being backed by the bad guys.

Feel free to apply this to whatever side your on, you saddo's.

Absolutely. Without decent scientific literacy or an inquisitive mind, Feynman's explanations of quantum mechanics don't sound any less kookie than Deepak Chopra's. To the layman they sound equally valid but the showmanship of Chopra is probably more attractive, despite Feynman's charisma.

Climate change is a little different because how we react to it is ultimately political. That the earth is warming due to our behaviour and that the long term results of this warming aren't good isn't in doubt at this point among actual climate scientists any more than newtonian mechanics are in doubt among the scientists who send rockets to planets that are 10s of millions of kilometers away. What we are prepared to do about it is a political question. There's a legit debate to be had about the best approach and whether carbon taxes are any good and how we should be powering our societies and so on.

Unfortunately, most people aren't really capable of dealing with the nuance here so instead of people dealing with the same facts while trying to figure out the best approach to reduce the problems with the least economic disruption, you get people denying that it's happening altogether. This isn't surprising in a world where the spherical earth is disbelieved but it never stops surprising me.

Science is financed by the big boys who pull the strings in this world to come to the conclusion they finance.

You do realize all the humans cause climate change crap is financed by billionaires.

Don't believe me?. Here's proof.

The Earth is warming due to our behaviour is financed by the big boys as Soros says here 100 billion be pumped into this nonsense.

Do you think these billionaires care about us or the planet?.

Not one jot!.

They remind me of that character from the comic book and TV show The Boys Homelander.

They appear all virtuous and noble in public and have PR teams to spin like no tomorrow making the public think they are kind and noble but my God are they anything but.

You see their true colours and you be shocked.

These folk see us as 'useless eaters' and pawns in a game to be manipulated. Their contempt for us knows no bounds.

So think about it. All scientific finding on climate change funded by the big boys and it will lead to unbelievably sick things on humanity like

restrictions on birth
    carbon taxes
    banning certain transports
    Smart meters in homes to monitor carbon
    carbon allocations and fines for people going past them

people might think these things above are pie in the sky, not a chance. Most already here on on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sometimes you’d have to wonder if the whole human extinction business was warranted on the back of rank stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Science is financed by the big boys who pull the strings in this world to come to the conclusion they finance.

You do realize all the humans cause climate change crap is financed by billionaires.

The Earth is warming due to our behaviour is financed by the big boys as Soros says here 100 billion be pumped into this nonsense.

Not one jot!.

They remind me of that character from the comic book and TV show The Boys Homelander.

They appear all virtuous and noble in public and have PR teams to spin like no tomorrow making the public think they are kind and noble but my God are they anything but.

These folk see us as 'useless eaters' and pawns in a game to be manipulated. Their contempt for us knows no bounds.

So think about it. All scientific finding on climate change funded by the big boys and it will lead to unbelievably sick things on humanity like

restrictions on birth
    carbon taxes

people might think these things above are pie in the sky, not a chance. Most already here on on the way.

Soros recently made massive investments in fossil fuels including coal. Bit strange for someone who advocates so strongly for climate change policies.

alastair wrote: »
    Sometimes you’d have to wonder if the whole human extinction business was warranted on the back of rank stupidity.

Well when they have rinsed you of every single cent you have on carbon taxes, keep you occupied with your own self indulgent vacuous opinion on a online forum with tens of thousands of posts then perhaps yes they will decide yes these profane fools can be killed off.

Perhaps you like to volunteer?.

Personally I think life is worth living. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well when they have rinsed you of every single cent you have on carbon taxes, keep you occupied with your own self indulgent vacuous opinion on a online forum with tens of thousands of posts then perhaps yes they will decide yes these profane fools can be killed off.

Perhaps you like to volunteer?.

Personally I think life is worth living. ;)

I remember now who you remind me of - Ted Kaczynski. Have you by any chance been reading Industrial Society and Its Future?? :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I remember now who you remind me of - Ted Kaczynski. Have you by any chance been reading Industrial Society and Its Future?? :pac:

You do know he was a maths genius?. It's a compliment if anything lad.

Yes cos people who oppose money grabbing carbon taxes best comparison are bombers eh.

Further proof of my point that the boardsie 24/7 hermits (people with 10,000+ posts) simply cannot do logic or facts!. ;)

You do know he was a maths genius?. It's a compliment if anything lad.

Yes cos people who oppose money grabbing carbon taxes best comparison are bombers eh.

Further proof of my point that the boardsie 24/7 hermits (people with 10,000+ posts) simply cannot do logic or facts!. ;)

He was a murdering lunatic who's navel-gazing drove him insane. Lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I would like to think I am a threat to the planet but I know I'm not. I'm not some immortal being like Superman who can pose a real threat I think it's all nonsense to rinse us of our money and bring in restrictions on birth etc like China in future. I frankly think it's a mental illness to assume you are some sort of threat to the planet.

Explain the graphic below then genius? It shows air pollution over China in Jan and in Feb

oQCarAKkAyLKBtdUZMxpzc-650-80.png

Maybe you think coronavirus ate up all the pollution?

Explain the graphic below then genius? It shows air pollution over China in Jan and in Feb

oQCarAKkAyLKBtdUZMxpzc-650-80.png

Maybe you think coronavirus ate up all the pollution?

Paper never refused ink either Genius!.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Paper never refused ink either Genius!.

Clearly not.

Boards doesn't have any filter either for registrations.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Clearly not.

Boards doesn't have any filter either for registrations.

lol

Like I say, the human extinction won’t be entirely unwarranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is OP a troll or just nuts?

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »

Tautology, no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Here's a handy example of this. I decided to leave Soros out of my post earlier as I thought that including might lead people to think I was implying that climate deniers are conspiratorial morons who think that Soros controls all the scientists.

Not one jot!.

restrictions on birth
    carbon taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hard to know, its possible the girl is like greta a corportate interest shill swilling a political agenda as science,

But its equally depressing how some posters have tried immediately to associate her with the far rught and nazi’s as if thats the only group that call out greta.

Says the person who thinks machines will take over the World.

Watching too much Terminator!.

And I would ask this as a genuine question if I was or anyone else was mentally ill I certainly don't think that's a reason to make fun of people so why do you think it's one?

Do you rock up to Pieta House locations and laugh and mock those going in?.
    Do you laugh in the faces of those with learning difficulties?.

Mental illness is no joke despite it being one to you.

At least their is some considerate/compassionate people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Says the person who thinks machines will take over the World.

Watching too much Terminator!.

And I would ask this as a genuine question if I was or anyone else was mentally ill I certainly don't think that's a reason to make fun of people so why do you think it's one?

Do you rock up to Pieta House locations and laugh and mock those going in?.
    Do you laugh in the faces of those with learning difficulties?.

Mental illness is no joke despite it being one to you.

At least their is some considerate/compassionate people out there.

But you said previously in this thread:

"I would personally say the Extinction rebellion clowns are the incredibly gullible ones.
    These fools can't even bathe themselves yet genuinely think PERSONALLY are a threat to the planet.
    Hell even superman was real wouldn't be a threat to the planet!.
    These folk are gullible beyond belief and sadly very mentally ill."

So you call them clowns and then confirm they are actually mentally ill.

Where is your compassion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hard to know, its possible the girl is like greta a corportate interest shill swilling a political agenda as science,

But its equally depressing how some posters have tried immediately to associate her with the far rught and nazi’s as if thats the only group that call out greta.

Greta's just a corporate shill? Have you any proof for this?

I'm not even remotely surprised the OP Godwinned their own thread so early. Ditto for the dearth of faux-concern that this girl might be being manipulated.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

baaba maal wrote: »

"I would personally say the Extinction rebellion clowns are the incredibly gullible ones.
    These fools can't even bathe themselves yet genuinely think PERSONALLY are a threat to the planet.

The op

JealousShinyHousefly-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Englo

So what you are saying is:

1. Because Greta Thunberg has got the backing of some high profile celebrities and wealthy people *people who only flocked to her after she rose to prominence-she is a definite corporate shill and climate change is not science.

2. On the other hand, Naomi Seibt who has been a long time fan of far right neo Nazi Stefan Molyneux, whose family are very close with the terrorist inspiring far right ADF (both being supporters and having represented many of their members in court), a group whom Naomi had also written multiple articles and the likes for, before rising to prominence. And who is a literal and official employee of the climate change denying Heartland Institute, again since before prominence. And who seems to have popped up on radars since because of Heartland pushing the climate change denial videos they pay her to make... Lets not go jumping to any conclusions that she may have some kind of agenda or be some kind of shill for people who pay her to promote said agenda.

Why, oh why am I not surprised?

baaba maal wrote: »

But I do think they are mentally ill, severely so BUT nothing wrong with that.

Do I have compassion for them?. Not sure. If they ever stopped screaming the planet will end in 10 years and listened and spoke like civil human beings maybe!.

But they don't. When was the last time extinction rebellion people on the street had a rational debate with ANYONE?.

It's all very intense fear mongering. They are as bad as them antifa lot.

• Advertisement

She is directly affiliated with the AFD.... I've also never seen any proof of Greta being some corporate shill... Also the science around climate change is pretty clear.

Advertisement