Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Leak in Main Bathroom

• 03-03-2020 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

We found a leak in the main bathroom. House is newly built and just six months old. Bathroom has toilet, washbasin and bathtub. When some water spilled over the floor close to the wash basin that water has leaked to downstairs kitchen. When checked with builders they say bathroom is not a wet room so that they haven't placed any water resistant layer before the tiles nor used water resistant grout for floor or walls.

Is this aceeptable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

How much water spilled over? Surely it would need to be a lot for it to leak to the downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LionKing7

Effects wrote: »
    How much water spilled over? Surely it would need to be a lot for it to leak to the downstairs.

Water was filled in around 1L jug. And it was spilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

LionKing7 wrote: »
    Water was filled in around 1L jug. And it was spilled.

That's a lot of water and water has very narrow shoulders.

There's probably a gap between the tiles and where the waste for the sink goes through the floor. Seal around that with silicone or grout.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Good tip. I’ll have a look.
    Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So its not a water leak in the bathroom, its about water spilled that found its way out behind the sink.
    As for water resistant grout not being used on walls ....

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

So its not a water leak in the bathroom, its about water spilled that found its way out behind the sink.
    As for water resistant grout not being used on walls ....

I found a small point under the toilet where it looks like tiler hasn't tiled it. Need to remove the toilet to see it properly.

Just wondering what should I do for the builders. Looks like they haven't done the job right.

Advertisement