Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Authorised repairers

• 03-03-2020 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

I need to get my MacBook repaired and was wondering what the story is with repairers these days.

I used to work in Dublin City center so CompuB was handy, now Dundrum is probably better.

Reviews are... Not kind. Can anyone give a report on first hand experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I need to get my MacBook repaired and was wondering what the story is with repairers these days.

I used to work in Dublin City center so CompuB was handy, now Dundrum is probably better.

Reviews are... Not kind. Can anyone give a report on first hand experiences?

Mactivate, had them do all my repairs and getting a new SSD from them soon

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭whippet

Mactivate or Harvey Norman (LoveTech) are the two best options.

Don't be fooled by Harvey Norman's branding - they are a 'Premium Apple Service' partner and i've had very good experience with them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

whippet wrote: »
    Mactivate or Harvey Norman (LoveTech) are the two best options.

Don't be fooled by Harvey Norman's branding - they are a 'Premium Apple Service' partner and i've had very good experience with them,

On the other hand, my experience of getting a logic board replaced at Harvey Norman was rubbish... took about 4 weeks from drop off to collection, they never phoned or emailed when it was ready, and they make you pay before they’ll even ship it back to the branch you want to collect it from, let alone before you’ve verified that they’ve fixed your issue. And they were pretty expensive to boot.

CompuB have been way better any time I’ve used them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Another vote for mactivate, despite them not being able to fix my last MacBook problem, I would consider them or compuB to be the goto people for MacBook issues.

Advertisement