Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Can you provide some of his anti Irish statements? I mean I couldn't care less about SF/IRA thugs if he said anything about those terrorists! Also I love how Tommy riles up the same old posters on here.
    If Corbynistas/Owen Jones wannabes want to post on foreign websites well so be it!

I give you your hero.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/revealed-the-irish-face-of-the-english-defence-league-edl-7232
    Lennon had taken to Twitter to threaten to take on ‘plastic paddies’ at Wembley’s England verses Ireland football friendly last Wednesday.
    In one message he claims his parents would be “in Ireland picking potatoes and eating cabbages”, if they hadn’t moved to England.
    cos of all this abuse from plastic paddys we are taking a tidy mob to England Ireland on 29th.”

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

he could be using plastic paddies to describe english people pretending to be irish in which case he is correct and I can see how they are annoying.

he could be using plastic paddies to describe english people pretending to be irish in which case he is correct and I can see how they are annoying.

This isn't "anti irish"?
    In one message he claims his parents would be “in Ireland picking potatoes and eating cabbages”, if they hadn’t moved to England.

And if you think SYL meant that in the way you describe then I'm sorry but you are delusional.

I think you are the one that's delusional. We know what a plastic paddy is. It appears you dont.

And his comment?

If I said something about "picking potatoes and eating cabbage" to describe Irish people I would be (rightly) banned from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Advertisement

The Irish post fake news!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/edl-leader-irish-members-945972-Jun2013/%3famp=1
    “Part of Irish heritage is being able to have a laugh, hence my mum picking potatoes and boiling cabbage,” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

The Irish post fake news!

Plastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And his comment?

Well you take that to mean that there were far more opportunities in the UK at the time, which was exactly the case, and people left Ireland in their droves for Manchester, Birmingham, London etc. It comes off as ignorant and stereotypical though, sure. He also said his mother was well able to have a laugh, which is surely a positive trait?
    If I said something about "picking potatoes and eating cabbage" to describe Irish people I would be (rightly) banned from here.

No you wouldn't. Give over.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well you take that to mean that there were far more opportunities in the UK at the time, which was exactly the case, and people left Ireland in their droves for Manchester, Birmingham, London etc. It comes off as ignorant and stereotypical, sure.

No you wouldn't. Give over.

If I started saying things about paddies eating cabbage and picking spuds you're damned right I would be carded/banned!

Do you agree with SYL's anti Irish comments?

If I started saying things about paddies eating cabbage and picking spuds you're damned right I would be carded/banned!

People practically pride themselves on eating bacon and cabbage in this country! Look at r/Ireland and it's about 30% of the posts!

You haven't really shown any? He said his family left for greener pastures more or less. There was f*ck all work for them in Ireland is what the bottom line of that is, more opportunity in the UK. It's happened a few times. People leave in their droves to the US, UK and Australia for better chances at better jobs when times are crap. He might have played on a stereotype or worded the statement ignorantly but I don't see what's exceptionally offensive about it.

• Advertisement

The Irish Times are positively scum so.

''The Irish food industry may be undergoing a culinary revolution of tastes and flavours, yet the latest research shows we are still savages for bacon and cabbage.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

That doesn't mean you should be carded or banned. You should not be, imho.

Tommy Robinson's comments are unoriginal. But that is all they are.

Youd be better suited to go and challenge all the posters that regularly express anti English sentiments on here.

Us Irish people can look after ourselves. Thanks.

Anti English/anti Irish = gobshìtes

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Unless you got this accusation re sexual assault from an official source, I wouldn't have posted this.
    This is coming from someone who's had family assaulted - and posting this before its' handled by
    police could a) disrupt any real case and b)potentially accuse someone who is innocent until found guilty.
    End.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Clarification - I am saying this is coming from me, who's had family assaulted - no implication to anyone else.

Yet the police have likely checked cctv by now so the credibility of this entire case seems pretty low.

Despite what csi law Vegas has suggested, CCTV is not always a straight forward affair.

investigations take a long time and not every single step is released to the public so that kangaroo courts can have at it.

The case will be investigated, one of the last steps tends to be the arrest and detention of a suspect, not the first (generally). A file will be forwarded to the CPS (dpp in Ireland) and in probable a years time, they will decide and the decision will become known.

Presuming this idiot, in an attempt to fan the flames for his own end, doesn't kill the case first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never read through thread but if the accused guy did film what he done and then deleted it it will still be on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I never read through thread but if the accused guy did film what he done and then deleted it it will still be on the phone.
    maybe or maybe not..the OS flags that part of storage as being free and it might get overwritten the next time the kunt saves something

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No one filmed it on their phone. Stephen just wanted the police to take their phone for some reason, presumable because he keeps calling them pedos so they might have something else incriminating on their phone. And he wanted the police to take the phones of anyone who was with him. Of course they had no grounds to do that. But it gave Stephen a reason to get angry and some nice publicity and shake his donation jar at people again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Cienciano wrote: »
    No one filmed it on their phone. Stephen just wanted the police to take their phone for some reason, presumable because he keeps calling them pedos so they might have something else incriminating on their phone. And he wanted the police to take the phones of anyone who was with him. Of course they had no grounds to do that. But it gave Stephen a reason to get angry and some nice publicity and shake his donation jar at people again

A couple of the police phone calls and stuff regarding this popped up on my Youtube today,after listening to the first time the police called him it seemed a bit suspect,but the police say they are gonna call the next day.

This second phone call only seems to have been released in bits and bits cut out where the police was about to say exactly what Tommy/Stephen had done,but this doesn't seem to have released by the man himself.He definitely seems to be hiding something and also the guy is Asian,but he seems to be saying now he doesn't think he is a Muslim.

I think people supporting him in this need to waken up,he most likely wrecked some innocent guy at a family resort in front of kids and families,while probably on a coke fueled bender,and that is probably why the police aren't very sympathetic towards him.Probably coz Tommy didn't like a middle aged man at a family resort wearing a pink cap.

Anyone supporting or believing him at this point need to step back a bit from this and look at the bigger picture before you are willing to believe that the whole of the Met Police are Pedo supporters,on the word of a known fraudster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

... that is probably why the police aren't very sympathetic towards him ...

So you admit the police weren't sympathetic towards him. Don't you think that's unprofessional?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Robinson is a scumbag but I think the whole 'he's anti Irish' angle is a bit laboured like. There's clear and numerous examples of him being a racist bastard without having to try and shoehorn in a load of tenuous comments he made while on a wind-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So you admit the police weren't sympathetic towards him. Don't you think that's unprofessional?

What kind of hyper-left woke bullshít is this? When the police arrest violent thugs with a criminal history, few outside of the bleeding hearts would be expecting sympathetic behaviour towards the perp from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

What kind of hyper-left woke bullshít is this? When the police arrest violent thugs with a criminal history, few outside of the bleeding hearts would be expecting sympathetic behaviour towards the perp from them.

I agree that if your known to the authorities as a serial offender you probably deserve a bit of curtness to say the least when your caught committing crime again, but if you're the victim (or claiming to be the victim) of a crime, well his daughter is the victim technically but ya know what I mean shouldn't he be treated the same as the next person who would make such a complaint ? regardless of who he is.

I understand TR is a very unpopular figure but if the authorities are swayed by popular opinion into treating people differently to curry favour or avoid criticism from the mob then imo thats a very dark path to start down. Im not saying that is happening here, but the implications of that would be very troubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I agree that if your known to the authorities as a serial offender you probably deserve a bit of curtness to say the least when your caught committing crime again, but if you're the victim (or claiming to be the victim) of a crime, well his daughter is the victim technically but ya know what I mean shouldn't he be treated the same as the next person who would make such a complaint ? regardless of who he is.

I understand TR is a very unpopular figure but if the authorities are swayed by popular opinion into treating people differently to curry favour or avoid criticism from the mob then imo thats a very dark path to start down. Im not saying that is happening here, but the implications of that would be very troubling.

Wasn't TR being arrested for an alleged assault at the time? I certainly wouldn't expect a serial offender in the process of being arrested on suspicion of assault to be treated the same as a typical complainant.

His allegations should be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly, but as I don't support vigilante justice, even if he was being totally honest, I wouldn't expect him to get the kid-gloves treatment.

I was referring to the phone call from the police officer leading the case as I don't think he spoke to Tommy the way a leading officer into an allegation of sexual assault on a child should speak to their parent:

That officer is now no longer on the case and his daughter has apparently been reinterviewed.

WrenBoy wrote: »

Seems to me there was probably loads of families and kids witnessed the assault,maybe he made no mention of his daughter when he assaulted the guy and the witnesses know the real reason he assaulted him and that might be why they aren't listening to him about his daughter.

I'd bet money he just picked a soft target and the police and witnesses know right well what happened,its definitely more plausible than a resort and whole police force involved in protecting paedophiles.

I was referring to the phone call from the police officer leading the case as I don't think he spoke to Tommy the way a leading officer into an allegation of sexual assault on a child should speak to their parent:

That officer is now no longer on the case and his daughter has apparently been reinterviewed.

I listened to that whole call and the officer promises to call him back by midday the next day but that call hasn't been released in full.

Don't fall for it man,i know its convincing in parts but this has all the hallmarks of Tommy on a coke bender sees a couple middle aged/probably just 30 olds and being stretched to middle aged by Tommy camp men in a family resort one wearing a pink cap.

He picked a soft target and messed him up,thats why he was pushing them to grab the phone because in his mind because he was gay/camp they had something incriminating on their phones.

Don't fall for it man ..

I haven't fallen for anything.

I listened to his daughter describe what happened to her and I believe she wasn't lying or making it up because of the way she came across whilst she did so.

Multiple times I've said that but yet certain users keep suggesting this guy is my hero or something and that's the reason I believe her.

Again: I also suspected there might be chance she was fed a story and relayed it to impress her father, kids are capable of that, but there is no chance that is what that kid was doing in that audio. Tommy was great with her, I felt, and let her give her side of the story, even asking her was she sure it wasn't an accident.

My opinion is based on the facts and it's quite clear others is based on their political leanings.

• Advertisement

I haven't fallen for anything.

I listened to his daughter describe what happened to her and I believe she wasn't lying or making it up because of the way she came across whilst she did so.

Multiple times I've said that but yet certain users keep suggesting this guy is my hero or something and that's the reason I believe her.

Again: I also suspected there might be chance she was fed a story and relayed it to impress her father, kids are capable of that, but there is no chance that is what that kid was doing in that audio. Tommy was great with her, I felt, and let her give her side of the story, even asking her was she sure it wasn't an accident.

My opinion is based on the facts and it's quite clear others is based on their political leanings.

Do you not think its odd that the police are so dismissive in that recording bodily contact etc.

Its almost like they are pissed off with his crap and know it isn't true,thats what i pick up from it,more than the whole police force are paedophiles.

Advertisement