Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What's Mancs got to do with this. It was 6% Asian background last time I looked.

The tweet is about Manchester abuse investigations - hence Mancs. And no, not 6%.

jackboy wrote: »
    You are badly badly letting yourself down. Stop the propaganda.

Facts Jack. Facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

alastair wrote: »
    I’m not remotely angry.

Now, you were shouting ‘WRONG!’ I believe?

You quoted Nazir Afzal who said only 40% of these offenders are "Asian" as you call it to show how few Muslims are involved in this sort of thing.

Your argument fell apart when I told you that 6% of Britian is "Asian". What a wildly disproportionate amount of offenders.

So yeah, WRONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The tweet is about Manchester abuse investigations - hence Mancs. And no, not 6%.

It's happening in a lot more places than Manchester, It happened in Oxford, Rotherham, Bradford and a tonne other places. I'm going off the total population of the UK, I'm not going to break it down by Counties, cities or neighborhoods because that would be ridiculous.

You quoted Nazir Afzal who said only 40% of these offenders are "Asian" as you call it to show how few Muslims are involved in this sort of thing.

Your argument fell apart when I told you that 6% of Britian is "Asian". What a wildly disproportionate amount of offenders.

So yeah, WRONG.

Shouting aside. There’s nothing wrong about it - there’s a greater proportion of Asian background in Manchester than the national average. And Nazir’s point relates purely to Manchester investigations. Nazir is also very clear that the greater number of abusers nationally are not Asian - if you were to stick up a showcase of all convicted abusers you’d see far more white faces than Asian ones - even if there was over-representation of Asians amongst the convicted - which there is. 81% of people convicted of sexual offences in 2014 were white, 7% were black and 9% were Asian. That’s not an atypical year in terms of ethnicity breakdown. In 2015-16 Of the 6,200 or so defendants prosecutions for sexual crimes relating to children, 67% were white, 4% were Asian, 3% were black, 1% were mixed race and 1% were other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No...so he'll understand why people think he's a racist **** and nobody believes him except other racist ****s.

Don't you see that you're engaging in that very thing which I alluded to: the crying of wolf? Which is what mindlessly suggesting those you disagree with are racist is.

Oh and it's not that I believe what Tommy had to say, in fact if you had read my posts a little more closely you'd have seen that I too initially gave thought to the possibility Tommy could have fed his daughter a story which she was just repeating. No, it's that I believe what his little girl had to say after she was asked (in an unleading way) what it was that happened to her and made her run from the pool. Also, the cop said:
    " .. I've already looked at some CCTV cameras, so I know exactly where it happened .."

So we know at the very least some contact must have took place between the man and Tommy's daughter otherwise there would be no "it". The only question is what kind of contact it was and could it have been accidental in nature, which is why I praised Tommy for putting that question to her (he didn't have to) but her response was 'No'.

It's happening in a lot more places than Manchester, It happened in Oxford, Rotherham, Bradford and a tonne other places. I'm going off the total population of the UK, I'm not going to break it down by Counties, cities or neighborhoods because that would be ridiculous.

Not to worry - I’ve provided indicative national stats above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Far more convictions for white abusers though. Strange that they’re not prominent in these displays.

Strange, how ?

Why would white abusers be in a display about the widely-acknowledged specific problem of 'Asian' (sic) rape gang culture in the UK ?

Not sure how that scandal has passed you by, and you so well-informed. About everything.

Shouting aside. There’s nothing wrong about it - there’s a greater proportion of Asian background in Manchester than the national average. And Nazir’s point relates purely to Manchester prosecutions. Nazir is also very clear that the greater number of abusers nationally are not Asian - if you were to stick up a showcase of all convicted abusers you’d see far more white faces than Asian ones - even if there was over-representation of Asians amongst the convicted - which there is. 81% of people convicted of sexual offences in 2014 were white, 7% were black and 9% were Asian in 2014. That’s not an atypical year in terms of ethnicity breakdown. In 2015-16 Of the 6,200 or so defendants prosecutions for sexual crimes relating to children, 67% were white, 4% were Asian, 3% were black, 1% were mixed race and 1% were other.

Even if there was... which there is.

:D:D:D

Even if there was... which there is.

:D:D:D

Still a remarkable under-representation of the primary ethnicity responsible for sex abuse in this thread all the same. Wonder how that’s happened?

• Advertisement

Strange, how ?

Why would white abusers be in a display about the widely-acknowledged specific problem of 'Asian' (sic) rape gang culture in the UK ?

Not sure how that scandal has passed you by, and you so well-informed. About everything.

That’s rather my point. Once again - if all you opt to show is Asian offenders, don’t be surprised if all you see is Asian offenders. Not sure how that passed you by.

Still a remarkable under-representation of the primary ethnicity responsible for sex abuse in this thread all the same. Wonder how that’s happened?

Wonder away. A not very interesting avenue of inquiry, so you can keep it.

More to the point -

if there were no 'Asian'-rape-gang-scumbags in UK prisons, the 'white' percentage would be even higher.

Yet Britain would be better off.

Because the overall number of incarcerated offenders would be significantly lower, and vulnerable white British girls would be safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That’s rather my point. Once again - if all you opt to show is Asian offenders, don’t be surprised if all you see is Asian offenders. Not sure how that passed you by.
    You've lost all crredability on this thread and others. But keep spinning!

If 'Asian' rape gang culture is a specific problem - and it is - don't be surprised if you see 'Asian' rape gang offenders.

Not sure how that passed you by.

It's a specific problem. Nobody who cares about this is suggesting that it is 'worse', or 'more culpable', or 'less acceptable' than any other ethnic incidence.

The people who are discussing it now who are not the ones who tried to systematically cover it up for years.

Wonder away. A not very interesting avenue of inquiry, so you can keep it.

More to the point -

if there were no 'Asian'-rape-gang-scumbags in UK prisons, the 'white' percentage would be even higher.

Yet Britain would be better off.

Because the overall number of incarcerated offenders would be significantly lower, and vulnerable white British girls would be safer.

Britain would be better off for sure, but not as much as they would be if you removed the greater problem of incarcerated white men’s sexual crimes against white British girls (amongst the rest). Rather a silly argument.

You've lost all crredability on this thread and others. But keep spinning!

Is that a Tony the Tiger thing? Not to worry - I don’t pay the blindest bit of notice to your opinions. 😘

The people who are discussing it now who are not the ones who tried to systematically cover it up for years.

Well - that’s nobody in this thread - so I’m not sure who you think you’re referring to.

Britain would be better off for sure, but not as much as they would be if you removed the greater problem of incarcerated white men’s sexual crimes against white British girls (amongst the rest). Rather a silly argument.

We must constantly remind ourselves when dealing with you -

that you see no problem with Britain exacerbating it's social problems by importing from the far reaches of the sub-continent, with no great corresponding benefit to herself, the kind of filth to whom rape is not so much a crime, as it is an attitude towards women.

Hang your head in shame.

We must constantly remind ourselves when dealing with you -

that you see no problem with Britain exacerbating it's social problems by importing from the far reaches of the sub-continent, with no great corresponding benefit to herself, the kind of filth to whom rape is not so much a crime, as it is an attitude towards women.

Hang your head in shame.

Yeaaah - obvious straw man argument is obvious. Hang that straw hat on your head. Morto for you. 😂

Well - that’s nobody in this thread - so I’m not sure who you think you’re referring to.

Most of us have wider horizons.

YMMV. And does.

• Advertisement

Most of us have wider horizons.

YMMV. And does.

You’ve retreated into inane blather. Best of luck with that.

I see Tommy continues to release private phonecalls. Another action that would threaten the investigation and any resulting prosecution.

Yep, that's absolutely normal behavior for the father of a child abuse victim.

Still, if his complaint turns out to be rubbish, he can claim cover up. If it is true but collapses, he can blame the police and many will fall for it.

So you admit the police weren't sympathetic towards him. Don't you think that's unprofessional?

You have a very odd understanding of the word 'professional' if you think leaving emotion out of Criminal investigations makes an officer unprofessional.

Police are not supposed to allow personal opinion or emotions to come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I see ti SYL fan club managed to derail the thread for a few pages.....as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

I see ti SYL fan club managed to derail the thread for a few pages.....as usual.

The irony coming from you of all posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I see Tommy continues to release private phonecalls. Another action that would threaten the investigation and any resulting prosecution.

Yep, that's absolutely normal behavior for the father of a child abuse victim.

Still, if his complaint turns out to be rubbish, he can claim cover up. If it is true but collapses, he can blame the police and many will fall for it.

He is all ready claiming cover up.

The media, the police, everyone - they are all pro-pedophile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I haven't fallen for anything.

I listened to his daughter describe what happened to her and I believe she wasn't lying or making it up because of the way she came across whilst she did so.

Multiple times I've said that but yet certain users keep suggesting this guy is my hero or something and that's the reason I believe her.

Again: I also suspected there might be chance she was fed a story and relayed it to impress her father, kids are capable of that, but there is no chance that is what that kid was doing in that audio. Tommy was great with her, I felt, and let her give her side of the story, even asking her was she sure it wasn't an accident.

My opinion is based on the facts and it's quite clear others is based on their political leanings.

I going to pretend you didn’t type that with a straight face. :D Your posts are heavily coloured by politics and sticking it to “teh liberals”. How stupid do you think people are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Boggles wrote: »
    He is all ready claiming cover up.

The media, the police, everyone - they are all pro-pedophile.

Well they have form, they did cover up or at least refuse to seriously investigate Grooming gangs for a time. Being sceptical wouldn't be unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Well they have form, they did cover up or at least refuse to seriously investigate Grooming gangs for a time. Being sceptical wouldn't be unreasonable.

All the media and police are pro-pedophile? :confused:

No, that's not anywhere close to reasonable.

That's the rantings and ravings of a coked up thug grifter who doesn't care how he shakes down dribblers for cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why not pick apart individual points, if you can, rather than this lazy effort?

Advertisement