Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

Fair amount of outlandish claims there...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fair amount of outlandish claims there...

outlandish is certainly one way to describe them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

spare us this manly bull****. Tommy ran up behind a fellow england supporter and punched them in the back of the head. He normally travels mobhanded. He has no interest in a fair fight with anybody.
    Saw that video, it looks to me the guy turned to confront Robinson and got smacked at the last second. But taking you at your word, the latest video is completely at odds with your statement, he single handedly confronted some feral kids who were attacking an elderly couple. Are you saying this was out of character for him, or something else?
    What would you say if a video of him ignoring this confrontation and walking past it surfaced?
    I get it that people don't like him, I'm not a supporter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Deleted the last round of posts. Stop with the sniping and post on the actual topic.

Saw that video, it looks to me the guy turned to confront Robinson and got smacked at the last second. But taking you at your word, the latest video is completely at odds with your statement, he single handedly confronted some feral kids who were attacking an elderly couple. Are you saying this was out of character for him, or something else?
    What would you say if a video of him ignoring this confrontation and walking past it surfaced?
    I get it that people don't like him, I'm not a supporter either.

you're thinking of a different incident. the one you are thinking of happened when he was campaigning. The one i referred to occurred at an england game. He ran up behind him and sucker punched him. Tommy and his mates thought it was terribly amusing. Tommy is scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

you're thinking of a different incident. the one you are thinking of happened when he was campaigning. The one i referred to occurred at an england game. He ran up behind him and sucker punched him. Tommy and his mates thought it was terribly amusing. Tommy is scum.

Yes. The guy spat on him. Look it up rather than swallowing everything mainstream media tells you. The video is out there.

Yes. The guy spat on him. Look it up rather than swallowing everything mainstream media tells you. The video is out there.

ive watched the video tommy released. no mention of spitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

He is a horrible little toad but was right in that incident. The fella deserved to be floored. Same as this incident. To be fair to him he has a pretty decent strike

He is a horrible little toad but was right in that incident. The fella deserved to be floored. Same as this incident. To be fair to him he has a pretty decent strike

not hard to punch somebody in the back of the head after running up to them. Not something to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

not hard to punch somebody in the back of the head after running up to them. Not something to be proud of.

Didn't look to me like he caught him in tbe back of the head from what I remember. Maybe was a different incident. I don't want to be defending him anyway but sometimes even a little dose like him can be in the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

What happened in the campaign incident? I would look for a video but my internet connection is very poor at the moment!

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    What happened in the campaign incident? I would look for a video but my internet connection is very poor at the moment!

the incident was well discussed at the time

Didn't look to me like he caught him in tbe back of the head from what I remember. Maybe was a different incident. I don't want to be defending him anyway but sometimes even a little dose like him can be in the right

if you dont recall him running up behind somebody and sucker punching him in the head then you are thinking of a different incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

if you dont recall him running up behind somebody and sucker punching him in the head then you are thinking of a different incident.

No one got sucker punch, stop making things up as usual to suit your agenda

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    No one got sucker punch, stop making things up as usual to suit your agenda

nope, definitely no sucker punch here https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tommy-robinson-punch-victim-told-16477309

tommy is a thug but somehow that doesn't stop you supporting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yet SYL when interviewed never mentions being spat at. Whys that?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tommy-robinson-explains-sucker-punched-2953330.amp
    He claims the man the man he punched to the ground  confronted him twice before he lashed out. 
    One man, in a green jacket, appears to turn around and shout something in Robinson's direction. Robinson then walks up behind the man and hits him with a right hook - sending him sprawling to the floor.

Video here where SYL himself explains that the guy got lippy with him, no mention of spitting

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/tommy-robinson-explains-sucker-punched-2953330

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Anyone else notice that people who go on about the unreliability of MSM usually get their sources from Twitter or Facebook or some other proven liar source. Just link the source you are relying on instead of telling people to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yet SYL when interviewed never mentions being spat at. Whys that?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tommy-robinson-explains-sucker-punched-2953330.amp

Video here where SYL himself explains that the guy got lippy with him, no mention of spitting

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/tommy-robinson-explains-sucker-punched-2953330
    Anyone else notice that people who go on about the unreliability of MSM usually get their sources from Twitter or Facebook or some other proven liar source. Just link the source you are relying on instead of telling people to look it up.

Actually ye are right, I'm not sure where I picked that up. What was the official reason he thumped him?

Actually ye are right, I'm not sure where I picked that up. What was the official reason he thumped him?

Harassing him and his wife.

and of course we should always take the word of a thug with convictions for assault and fraud. perfectly natural to sucker punch somebody walking away from you. though of course i am sure you will deny again that he sucker punched anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

and of course we should always take the word of a thug with convictions for assault and fraud. perfectly natural to sucker punch somebody walking away from you. though of course i am sure you will deny again that he sucker punched anybody.

What I've read he sucker punched him, but the other guy 'harrassed' him by calling him a fascist. Doesn't justify suckerpunching him.

But would you never believe the word of a convicted thug ever again? Can they not change? Are they incapable of acts of heroism?

Because the guy said nasty things to him.

We only have SYL's word for that, nowhere in the vid is a woman to be seen.

2u2me wrote: »
    What I've read he sucker punched him, but the other guy 'harrassed' him by calling him a fascist. Doesn't justify suckerpunching him.

But would you never believe the word of a convicted thug ever again? Can they not change? Are they incapable of acts of heroism?

never say never but i have no reason to believe the coked-up thug in this instance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

never say never but i have no reason to believe the coked-up thug in this instance

Well did you see the interview from the old man afterwards? He was clearly happy that Tommy had intervened, in fact they had tried to reprimand the aggressive youths themselves, that's how incensed they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well did you see the interview from the old man afterwards? He was clearly happy that Tommy had intervened, in fact they had tried to reprimand the aggressive youths themselves, that's how incensed they were.

No point arguing with the keyboard warriors on here, you know they are the types who wouldn't intervene when seeing an old couple or a child being abused! They went back into there shells for a week or two after the cops charged the thugs as they got highly embarressed, but have decided to re-appear on here. But they won't live that. Down for a while. :)

we are discussing a different incident

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

we are discussing a different incident

What are your thoughts on the latest incident? Tommy good? Tommy bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Are Tommeh chalking up another 'L' in court today :cool:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/1252534076252262401

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Are Tommeh chalking up another 'L' in court today :cool:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/1252534076252262401

Thanks for keeping us update. glad he has followers like you

Advertisement