Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KAYfABE Real wrestling. Real wrestlers. Real stories.

Options
  • 03-03-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Lita, Gail Kim and Christy Hemme have launched a kickstarter to fund a new one hour wrestling show: KAYfABE
    KAYfABE is a one hour professional wrestling show that is 50 percent story and 50 percent in ring action. It is an edgy, racy, cinematic television series about a female led professional wrestling start up. This show is a dramatization and collection of female stories inspired by real life events.

AND YES, this is still at its core, a wrestling show with world-class, in-ring action!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kayfabe/kayfabe?ref=discovery&term=kayfabe

Could be interesting and definitely seems a passion project but they have some LOFTY goals with a full series costing $4.8 million

Pledges of $6k get to be a character on the show - you would really hope that doesn't mean they end up with a trust fund baby wrestling :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

200 gets a personalised video.

Wonder how Lita got involved since others seem to be more TNA/Impact stars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GWdcCOW.pngvPiLSjf.png

~5 million to do a season (8 episodes)? Ludicrous, offensively so, but I wish them all the best. Hopefully they at least raise 400K for the pilot so we can see if it's actually worthwhile. Surprised they couldn't/aren't co-branding with an indie company to keep costs inside the stratosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And maybe I'm missing it, but what are they aiming for? A web series? If I was backing, I would want a digital copy of any episodes made, or at least the pilot. Yet that doesn't seem to be a reward

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    200 gets a personalised video.

Wonder how Lita got involved since others seem to be more TNA/Impact stars

That era of women that came through the WWE together before going their own ways all seem to be very close friends still.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wrestlers using GoFundMe and KickStarter is really getting out of hand :pac:

When you step back at it: This is a business they want to set up that they will reap any financial benefits from. They don't want to use personal funds or take out business loads. They'd rather get you to pay. It's a little messed up :pac:

Then again, in a business where people like Kevin Nash once charged (probably still does?) $20 for an autograph. It's hardly shocking.

• Advertisement

Wrestlers using GoFundMe and KickStarter is really getting out of hand :pac:

When you step back at it: This is a business they want to set up that they will reap any financial benefits from. They don't want to use personal funds or take out business loads. They'd rather get you to pay. It's a little messed up :pac:

Then again, in a business where people like Kevin Nash once charged (probably still does?) $20 for an autograph. It's hardly shocking.

Better than selling there poop etc etc :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Better than selling there poop etc etc :pac:

What??? That’s vile!! Disgusting!!

I can’t believe it.....

It’s their poop not there :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    What??? That’s vile!! Disgusting!!

I can’t believe it.....

It’s their poop not there :pac:

Poop on that their poll match is on now. ;)

Advertisement