Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windscreen replacement, peoples experience of AllGlass?

• 03-03-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AllGlass via AIG car insurance. Had to have my windscreen replced as it failed the NCT.

I was given the runaround bigtime by AllGlass. Would NEVER reccommend them .....
    Any thoughts out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AllGlass via AIG car insurance. Had to have my windscreen replced as it failed the NCT.

I was given the runaround bigtime by AllGlass. Would NEVER reccommend them .....
    Any thoughts out there?
    Have used them 5-6 times over last 10 years...
    What was/is your problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Myself and Mrs Smart have used them maybe 4 times over the past 8-10 years. Never an issue.

They arrive, replace your windscreen, tell you how long to wait, then you take off the sticky tape and away you go

Actually maybe it was AutoGlass we used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I did. They broke trim that they shouldn't have been near and then agreed to pay for it and then never did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

They now own autoglass too. so you don't have much choice but to use them if your insurance are paying the bill

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I did. They broke trim that they shouldn't have been near and then agreed to pay for it and then never did.
    Sh1t happens, but as i remember, they always ask to sign "Assessment form" before commencing work. If there would be damage done during work, sure thing i would follow up that to my insurance. Let them deal with it, that is why i pay premiums for...

Personally never had problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,311 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can all boil down to the particular person doing the fitting too. Like any job, some are very good at it while others are poor. Both types work for any of the windscreen replacement companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Sh1t happens, but as i remember, they always ask to sign "Assessment form" before commencing work. If there would be damage done during work, sure thing i would follow up that to my insurance. Let them deal with it, that is why i pay premiums for...

Personally never had problems

I did, the AA. They washed their hands of it and said it was up to AllGlass. They refused to deal with it further. I've never gone near them for so much as a quote since.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Can all boil down to the particular person doing the fitting too. Like any job, some are very good at it while others are poor. Both types work for any of the windscreen replacement companies.
    This. A local company has the franchise now and I'd happily let them work on car. The issues occurred in a different part of the country.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I did, the AA. They washed their hands of it and said it was up to AllGlass. They refused to deal with it further. I've never gone near them for so much as a quote since.
    Typical...

Advertisement