Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing a Sky Q router SSID query

• 03-03-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭

I was having some technical issues and Sky sent me out a new Q router, looks identical apart from different a power plug but the agent said it was an improvement on the original one I had.

Issues were resolved and I never bothered to swap them over but I'm now thinking of doing so to see if there is any improvement.

Two quick questions tho,

If I change the SSID and password on the new router, will the devices in the house connect automatically to the new router, including the boosters ?

And

As the old router has Ethernet ports on the back, can I use this elsewhere in the house as a booster to connect a device via cable in the back of it.

Be grateful for thoughts please.

Advertisement