Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 3

Options
  • 03-03-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Just have this laptop about 10 months . It seems to get really really slow , ages to open pages , very quickly. Just after resetting it AGAIN to factory settings losing a lot of stuff , Ill get it back ,,its all the hassle it gets so slow.

around 32 on an internet speed test , I suppose .....my iphone shows 94 Mbps.

I dloubt it would , if I got one of those plugs to plug into the kitchen socket (modem in hall) , and the speed was fastrer woudl the laptop pages etc open faster , even though 32 is fast and it can be slow enough ,

are acer known as slow...#

appreciate advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

oh thanks on the label on front it says .....A315 - 51-36 XN 2.3 GHz 3MB L3 cache 1000GB HDD 4 GB DDR 4 Memory

I wouldnt mind but i paid extra for it as it was a nice looking machine ..never again ,,thanks for quick reply

Paddy

sugarman wrote: »
    Not a great machine unfortunately, processor is an older dual core but its still decent. However the RAM and the Hard Drive are probably whats slowing you down.

Your RAM is only 4GB, thats really the absolute minimum these days for a Windows 10 laptop. Running your Chome or Fire Fox or whatever Internet brower you use would be eating into the majority of it slowing it down. Id look to upgrade it to 8GB if possible.

Same with the Hard Drive, its an older mechanical drive. Upgrading to an Solid State Drive (SSD) would also be massive performance boost.

Oh ok thanks a mill. Pity the:salesman was as forthcoming !!! Can I ask is it possible to add these to this laptop ? Do I have to change it thks

sugarman wrote: »
    Yes its very easy to upgrade these parts and they dont cost an arm and leg either.

There is plenty of video tutorials on youtbe like this one

That’s very decent thank you

That’s very decent thank you

That looks do able !

This is a long shot ! Could you possibly recommend the two parts to replace with a link maybe ? Appreciate asking a lot , no hurry If possible thanks

That looks do able !

This is a long shot ! Could you possibly recommend the two parts to replace with a link maybe ? Appreciate asking a lot , no hurry If possible thanks

Anyone ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement