Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Data Science IT Carlow

Options
  • 03-03-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever underwent this programme in Carlow. I'm a maths teacher looking to do a master's in data science and Carlow would be the most convenient as it's a full time course condensed into 3 days of the week. I was wondering if because of this is it inferior to other courses available in the country? Would it look better to employers to have a MSc from UCD or UCC? If someone has taken part in this course what was it easy to find work after?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sean_brenn wrote: »
    it's a full time course condensed into 3 days of the week. I was wondering if because of this is it inferior to other courses available in the country?

Why would you infer that the course is inferior because it is condensed into 3 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sean_brenn

It' s because with other similar courses contact time can be up to 30 hours which I can't imagine being possible to squeeze that many hours into the three days. Really I'm wondering is there less content in it? The description is quite vague. If one of the university courses would be looked on a lot more favorably by employers I'd be willing to make it work in Dublin for the year.

Advertisement