Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega Tanker

Options
  • 03-03-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭

7340.564 - ICAO THREE LETTER DESIGNATOR (3LD) “OME” AND ASSOCIATED CALL SIGN “OMEGA TANKER”

Just got this from the FAA, is this the Irish Omega and are they still owned by the McEvaddy’s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just got this from the FAA, is this the Irish Omega and are they still owned by the McEvaddy’s?

Yes, though I imagine the business is largely conducted by a US-based company. They have a website that showcases what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭plodder

I happened upon an episode of a docu series called "Mighty Planes" the other night which was about the Omega 707 tankers. I was wondering all the way through it was McEvaddy involved. You can see the company is very much fronted/operated by US personnel, all ex-military and all its operations are there. But, then the bould Ulick shows up and is (or was then) the CEO. I had to smile that only an Irish guy would pull that off. The only private company in the world providing refueling services to the US military. The program was about an exercise involving US Navy F18s providing close air support to Marines on the ground in California, with the F18s being refueled in the air by the Omega tanker. Since learned that the docu was from 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

The DC/KC10 is in Europe a few times a year passing through Prestwick with two Canadian F18S, can’t remember the destination but usually enroute for swapping squadrons doing air policing in the Baltic.

Advertisement