Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa Number Change

Options
  • 03-03-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is there any way to change your number linked to your bank account/verified by visa account whilst in a different country. I've been issued a new card and cannot make any transfers or purchases without the verified by visa pin, what happened to the secure password option?

I've lost my Irish sim and have no way to transfer money from my Irish account to my Australian as I don't have access to this number anymore. Waiting 5-7 business days for a letter to be sent is simply too long and it's impossible for me to get to a branch. I understand security measures are in place for a reason however it is an incredible inaccessible and outdated system. Is there a way to change numbers via email? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

aheffron wrote: »
    Is there any way to change your number linked to your bank account/verified by visa account whilst in a different country. I've been issued a new card and cannot make any transfers or purchases without the verified by visa pin, what happened to the secure password option?

I've lost my Irish sim and have no way to transfer money from my Irish account to my Australian as I don't have access to this number anymore. Waiting 5-7 business days for a letter to be sent is simply too long and it's impossible for me to get to a branch. I understand security measures are in place for a reason however it is an incredible inaccessible and outdated system. Is there a way to change numbers via email? 

I too have this issue. My sim (three, ye bags of ****e) has decided to pack it in at the worst time possible on my travels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Aheffron,

Thanks for the post today here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulty receiving security codes.

If the number for your Verified by Visa needs to be updated, this can be done by getting in touch with our Verified by Visa team on +35312500370. This is a quick call and the change takes place immediately.

For security, the only way to update your number for transfers on www.365online.com and the app would be to get an activation code out in the post.

We certainly appreciate your feedback on this process and will pass this on to our development team. 

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement