Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert NDE into NCB

Options
  • 03-03-2020 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know car insurance companies that convert named driving experience into no claim bonus after a year of driving without claim. Say I get insured using my 6+ years NDE and a year after when it is time to renew policy what company will convert my 6years NDE into 6years NCB. I don't want to lose my discount and start from scratch having just one year No claim bonus.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

It doesn't "convert" into an actual bonus with any insurer but most / all will issue a letter at the end of the policy term that states something the effect of

"This policy has been in place since XX and is entitled to a NCD of XX%. This represents 5/6/7 whatever years. Actual years on cover under this policy is 1."

You will get your full entitlement however it will probably state you are only with that particular company for one year so other insurers could potentially ask for proof of bonus prior to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Well some companies do convert NDE into NCB. There are some posters on boards mentioned that I just would like to find out what they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

They dont, they will follow the process as outlined above ie issue a letter stating you are being allowed a full bonus but the number of years on that particular will be 1, assuming you stay with them for one year.

They do. Check this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99898080
    I don't think OP lies about NDE conversion into NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Some companies to take NDE, but none will convert it directly into NCB. If you have 4 or 5 years as a named driver, they will consider it, but you might only get a cheaper premium or if lucky a year's NCB

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    Some companies to take NDE, but none will convert it directly into NCB. If you have 4 or 5 years as a named driver, they will consider it, but you might only get a cheaper premium or if lucky a year's NCB

Check the link of thread I posted above , multiple people confirmed that their NDE were converted into NCB after a year of claim free driving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BaguMka wrote: »
    Well some companies do convert NDE into NCB. There are some posters on boards mentioned that I just would like to find out what they are

Well I can confirm that Aviva isn't one of them: they give NO allowance for any NDE- even if you've had (years) of it with Aviva themselves.

Unbelievable ..............and yet...............Not. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement