Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying helicopter at 1:30am

Options
  • 04-03-2020 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Heard a really loud whirring noise at 1:30am, went outside to check and saw a low flying helicopter in the fog going in the direction of Mallow from the Farran area.

Any idea what this could be? The aircraft sounded like it was struggling, lots of lights flashing on it.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

One of the navy ships LE James Joyce is on a SAR(search and rescue) off bantry, could be support for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭con747

sok2005 wrote: »
    Heard a really loud whirring noise at 1:30am, went outside to check and saw a low flying helicopter in the fog going in the direction of Mallow from the Farran area.

Any idea what this could be? The aircraft sounded like it was struggling, lots of lights flashing on it.

Garda helicopter?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Marinetraffic.com is shows the Shannon rescue heli travelling from Cork over Mallow and headed home to Shannon.

And that baby is Loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Yep I definitely heard it too but thought it was at 01:45am -
    I wondered if it was an unofficial or private engagement that Prince William & Kate might have come to/from although; I knew they were not scheduled to be anywhere in or around Cork or Munster according to the travel itinerary announced by the media in recent days.

Advertisement