Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravel Pit Bunclody

Options
  • 04-03-2020 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

A family member told me at the weekend that they noticed a couple of people fishing in the gravel pit close to Bunclody recently.
    I took it with a pinch of salt but when i asked someone else about it they said that they had heard of fish in it.
    Has anybody fished or heard of fish stocks in these gravel pits?

Seems to be very commna in England for good fish stocks in gravel pits

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Never heard of it but would love to give it a bash, you always see big fish coming from gravel pits in england,
    did you hear what fish op ?
    I'm presuming carp along with the usual native coarse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I live locally and fish the stretch of the Slaney beside the pit/lake
    I've never seen anyone fish there
    Can't see how there would be fish in it unless it was stocked - and I don't see the guy that owns it stocking it
    I was told that there may be some guys who are working for the owner living down there, so maybe it was them that were throwing a line in

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onelastcast

Never heard of it but would love to give it a bash, you always see big fish coming from gravel pits in england,
    did you hear what fish op ?
    I'm presuming carp along with the usual native coarse ?

just small fish so i assume silvers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onelastcast

boomdocker wrote: »
    I live locally and fish the stretch of the Slaney beside the pit/lake
    I've never seen anyone fish there
    Can't see how there would be fish in it unless it was stocked - and I don't see the guy that owns it stocking it
    I was told that there may be some guys who are working for the owner living down there, so maybe it was them that were throwing a line in

if there was anything in it i would reckon it was just someone had put them in.
    I have fished a number of quarries before with perch and silverfish in them that people had put in years prior but nothing on the size of the water that is there.

I will leave it until i can be shown a picture or something that would prove it.

Advertisement