Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Should Ireland and the rest of Europe take in more migrants based in Turkey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

yet another thread fucped with homoaphob crap , just recalled why i dont bother with boards any more .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

They're terms that are generally used by homophobic people. It's this silly paranoia that he's experiencing over a supposed "feminisation" of men... He is free to explain why he views that man as a "degenerate"...

Why do you view that man as degenerate? Should he able to explain it.

Hes a man dressed up like a woman that's perverted and a perfect example of a degenerate in my opinion. maybe you should look up the meaning of the word.

Call me transphobic or whatever I really dont give a shìt. That individual is sick in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

bogwarrior wrote: »
    yet another thread fucped with homoaphob crap , just recalled why i dont bother with boards any more .:mad:

Its supposed to be a thread on a totally different subject.

As for more illegal immigrants wanting to cross europe and come and live in the social welfare freefor all that is Ireland - No. And we need to be forcibly mass deporting on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Its supposed to be a thread on a totally different subject.

As for more illegal immigrants wanting to cross europe and come and live in the social welfare freefor all that is Ireland - No. And we need to be forcibly mass deporting on a weekly basis.

Illegal immigrants don’t get any social welfare. But please carry on.

The irony of posters giving out about homophobia while asking for people from the most homophobic places on the planet to be allowed come to Europe. It's funny.

• Advertisement

Removalist wrote: »
    Hes a man dressed up like a woman that's perverted and a perfect example of a degenerate in my opinion. maybe you should look up the meaning of the word.

Call me transphobic or whatever I really dont give a shìt. That individual is sick in the head.

There we go... I would actually say your desire to dehumanise people is far sicker. Like I view your general opinions as awful, still would not refer to you as a degenerate or an abomination.

So I'd say a bit of maturity is something you should benefit from.
    The irony of posters giving out about homophobia while asking for people from the most homophobic places on the planet to be allowed come to Europe. It's funny.

You'll find those countries also have gay people that you would happily oppose giving asylum to. You'll also find that all of those people are subject to the same laws as the rest of us. Also worth remembering that a couple of decades ago, Ireland was an incredibly homophobic country. A person can change their views. Shocker I know.

There we go... I would actually say your desire to dehumanise people is far sicker. Like I view your general opinions as awful, still would not refer to you as a degenerate or an abomination.

So I'd say a bit of maturity is something you should benefit from.

I'm not trying to dehumanize anyone or say they cant do what they want to do. I'm just giving my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Claire Daly on Sean O'Rourke this morning thinks the migrant issue is Europe's responsibility and Ireland as a country needs to do more.
    Personally I don't get how its the EU's responsibility. But its a complicated issue. Discuss.

In my opinion, no. I'd rather see migrants helped within or close to their own Countries while at the same time robustly defending and strengthening our external EU borders as well as high visibility stream-lining of the applications system with publicly anounced deportations to deter further bogus applicants from swamping the system.

People should also be looking into the spike in HIV cases in Ireland and the reasoning behind it, before giving out the oul cead mile failte

All the information is out there.

Yea, crazy that - it's almost as if brutally enslaving a nation, plundering it's wealth and oppressing it's people damages it somehow.

You make it sound like this is something that Europeans have engaged in within my or your lifetime.

It's not as if the former colonial territories haven't had extended periods to "recover" from their occupations. It's also interesting that in many cases, when the colonial powers left, they left behind a working/effective industry, a decent economy, and infrastructure. Now, compare that with neighboring countries (in many cases, the concept of a nation came after being occupied) which didn't suffer European influence, and their countries are often worse off (I'm assuming you can factor in the destruction of former colonial property such as in Zimbabwe)

Fact is... countries can recover, or they can seek ways to destabilize/destroy themselves. In the vast majority of cases, such as in the M.East, or Africa, these countries found their own ways to mess themselves up, and blaming others is just a convenient excuse for their own screwups. Colonial powers have been out of most of Africa or the M.East for decades, and they've had the opportunities to recover, especially when you consider the sheer amount of natural resources available to them. The idea that colonial powers took everything is simply retarded.

So.. perhaps expand on your point? Unless we're simply talking about US invasions/occupations... in which case, why is Europe responsible?

• Advertisement

People should also be looking into the spike in HIV cases in Ireland and the reasoning behind it, before giving out the oul cead mile failte

All the information is out there.

Where’s this spike then?
    HIV%20in%20Ireland%202018%20graph.JPG

And still one of our biggest issues around that specific area is education around safe sex. Which I'd suspect the likes of the Removalist would have an issue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Money spent on securing the border is money well spent, fair play to the Greeks for holding the line and keeping them out.

They have swarmed the island of Lesbos like locusts, the local people have had enough and are not going to take it any more.

Can't blame them either.

Why not? Look at how tolerant they are..

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/03/02/greek-orthodox-church-in-lesvos-vandalised-by-refugees/?amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

You'll find those countries also have gay people that you would happily oppose giving asylum to. You'll also find that all of those people are subject to the same laws as the rest of us. Also worth remembering that a couple of decades ago, Ireland was an incredibly homophobic country. A person can change their views. Shocker I know.

So do you think introducing a load of people who are completely anti-gay would continue Ireland's move away from our homophobic past or drag us back to being a country where those of a different orientation face abuse and discrimination ?? Or is it a case of when these people step onto Irish soil they will abandon their long held beliefs and head for night out to the next Panty Bliss show ?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    So do you think introducing a load of people who are completely anti-gay would continue Ireland's move away from our homophobic past or drag us back to being a country where those of a different orientation face abuse and discrimination ?? Or is it a case of when these people step onto Irish soil they will abandon their long held beliefs and head for night out to the next Panty Bliss show ?

Tbh, the most vocally homophobic people I've encountered are more often than not Irish. People have ****ty views unfortunately, for reference check Removalist's posts. Still ain't gonna see either him or refugees or immigrants negatively impact human rights law or existing legislation.

Tbh, the most vocally homophobic people I've encountered are more often than not Irish. People have ****ty views unfortunately, for reference check Removalist's posts. Still ain't gonna see either him or refugees or immigrants negatively impact human rights law or existing legislation.

"The most vocally homophobic people I've encountered are more often that not Irish"

Would do have anything to do with you being in Ireland by any chance?

Go to Turkey, the vast majority of vocal homophobes will be.... Turks?

Bingo. The rash of Syrians evident in this thread with their overt homophobia is awful. Oh, wait...

Trivia - the Syrian refugee dentist I mentioned before - the householders he’s living with - same-sex married couple. Not an ounce of an issue. It’s as if you can’t paint people with broad brushstrokes and expect it to be anything but slapdash.

"The most vocally homophobic people I've encountered are more often that not Irish"

Would do have anything to do with you being in Ireland by any chance?

Go to Turkey, the vast majority of vocal homophobes will be.... Turks?

Thing is I've had plenty of contact with both immigrants and refugees. You are implying that there's going to be some drastic impact on the lgbt community as a result of refugees .... That's not realistic and the most likely people to target the community are people such as yourself. Would you accept a transgender refugee into Ireland btw? Since you're concerned about treatment of LGBT people and it's a legit reason for asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Thing is I've had plenty of contact with both immigrants and refugees. You are implying that there's going to be some drastic impact on the lgbt community as a result of refugees .... That's not realistic and the most likely people to target the community are people such as yourself. Would you accept a transgender refugee into Ireland btw? Since you're concerned about treatment of LGBT people and it's a legit reason for asylum.

The leader of the Clonskeagh Mosque thinks Homosexuals should be executed which is worrying.

alastair wrote: »
    Bingo. The rash of Syrians evident in this thread with their overt homophobia is awful. Oh, wait...

Trivia - the Syrian refugee dentist I mentioned before - the householders he’s living with - same-sex married couple. Not an ounce of an issue. It’s as if you can’t paint people with broad brushstrokes and expect it to be anything but slapdash.

If your looking to talk to Syrians, I would posit that boards.ie is not the best site for that. The majority of users would be Irish people.
    So there is no issue with homophobia in Turkey/Syrian/The Middle East and your evidence is a Dentist has been taken in by a same sex couple (fair play to them, very charitable). Im afraid that wouldn't convince me that these people will easily integrate into our society if brought in together, in large numbers.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt accept any refugees into Ireland. 98% of them are scammers anyway. We are pissing away billions of euro that would be better spent looking after our own people.

I wouldnt accept any refugees into Ireland. 98% of them are scammers anyway. We are pissing away billions of euro that would be better spent looking after our own people.

Cool, so realistically you don't give a crap about anyone's human rights if they're not Irish. Thanks for clarifying!

If your looking to talk to Syrians, I would posit that boards.ie is not the best site for that. The majority of users would be Irish people.
    So there is no issue with homophobia in Turkey/Syrian/The Middle East and your evidence is a Dentist has been taken in by a same sex couple (fair play to them, very charitable). Im afraid that wouldn't convince me that these people will easily integrate into our society if brought in together, in large numbers.

Not trying to convince you of anything. Just pointing out that your supposed concerns don’t tally with the actuality.

Cool, so realistically you don't give a crap about anyone's human rights. Thanks for clarifying!

Yes I care about my family and my fellow Irish people. I dont give a shìte about what's happening in other parts of the world. I didn't cause it.

Let the people who made the mess sort it out and leave us be.

You are implying that there's going to be some drastic impact on the lgbt community as a result of refugees .... That's not realistic and the most likely people to target the community are people such as yourself. Would you accept a transgender refugee into Ireland btw? Since you're concerned about treatment of LGBT people and it's a legit reason for asylum.

Now that you mention it, I would actually be more comfortable with gay or trangender people from those communities because at least it would suggest they mightn't hold to backwards beliefs on homosexuals and women and may integrate into modern European society easier. Never thought about it before actually.

Anyone know how its established if a gay asylum seeker is in fact gay and not a complete spoofer?

The leader of the Clonskeagh Mosque thinks Homosexuals should be executed which is worrying.

I’d save my worrying for something other than theological musings - he’s been very clear that all Muslims should adhere to the law of the land.

And his son seems to be okay with the gays:
    https://twitter.com/ibrahimhalawa13/status/1154813317690593282?s=21

Not trying to convince you of anything. Just pointing out that your supposed concerns don’t tally with the actuality.

Ok, you haven't convinced me or anything or said anything really, I'm happy to have immigration as long as it is controlled and not a detriment to the people we have here already.

Ok, you haven't convinced me or anything or said anything really, I'm happy to have immigration as long as it is controlled and not a detriment to the people we have here already.

Immigration is controlled. It’s controlled in every country in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

I’d save my worrying for something other than theological musings - he’s been very clear that all Muslims should adhere to the law of the land.

And his son seems to be okay with the gays:
    https://twitter.com/ibrahimhalawa13/status/1154813317690593282?s=21

Prominent religious leader declares Gays should be killed...don't worry bout it..be grand!

Advertisement