Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Ireland and the rest of Europe take in more migrants based in Turkey?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

biko wrote: »
    vwhorwm-S9pu-Ahi-F5-Bn-G62g-TKy-Awam8g-W1p-JG5-CXf-EI.jpg

I know this is a joke and I don't take it seriously but some nut-jobs do. The reality is that back in the middle ages the vast majority of Europeans were destitute peasant serfs. The Islamic world was going through a 'golden era' where they made great advancements in mathematics (the numbers we use today are Arabic), science and philosophy, and they preserved a great deal of knowledge from Greco-Roman classical antiquity, which was seen as heretic in Christian Europe at the time. Some idiots will see this posted on Facebook and believe it represents the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭M256

Cool, so realistically you don't give a crap about anyone's human rights if they're not Irish. Thanks for clarifying!
    So, a western country takes a million of refugees in, now it is at capacity, cannot take anymore, but there are still millions of refugees more. What about their human rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

sink wrote: »
    I know this is a joke and I don't take it seriously but some nut-jobs do. The reality is that back in the middle ages the vast majority of Europeans were destitute peasant serfs. The Islamic world was going through a 'golden era' where they made great advancements in mathematics (the numbers we use today are Arabic), science and philosophy, and they preserved a great deal of knowledge from Greco-Roman classical antiquity, which was seen as heretic in Christian Europe at the time. Some idiots will see this posted on Facebook and believe it represents the truth.

would you like to live under an islamic government? the golden age you speak of is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

alastair wrote: »
    Immigration is controlled. It’s controlled in every country in the world.

By controlled I mean not taking in numbers we can't provide for adequately, sticking them in a hostel in the middle of bally-nowhere and just leaving them there isn't exactly a very good immigration strategy imo. Only builds resentment and puts up barriers to integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Prominent religious leader declares Gays should be killed...don't worry bout it..be grand!

He didn’t. He was asked about the Islamic scriptural teaching. Which is not a whole lot different to Christian scripture.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    By controlled I mean not taking in numbers we can't provide for adequately, sticking them in a hostel in the middle of bally-nowhere and just leaving them there isn't exactly a very good immigration strategy imo. Only builds resentment and puts up barriers to integration.

You’re conflating asylum seekers with immigrants. There are no immigrants in direct provision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

would you like to live under an islamic government? the golden age you speak of is long gone.

Where did I say that? I wouldn't want to live under a Christian government either. Every time someone counters the ****e propaganda that comes from the far right it's automatically assumed that they're some Islamic apologist. Islam is generally **** and currently even more **** than Christianity and that's really saying something. This doesn't mean that the entirety of Islamic culture has no redeeming features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

I’d save my worrying for something other than theological musings - he’s been very clear that all Muslims should adhere to the law of the land.

And his son seems to be okay with the gays:
    https://twitter.com/ibrahimhalawa13/status/1154813317690593282?s=21

And the left's complete and total infatuation and obsession with Gemma continues. The man hours spent obsessing over her ironically benefits her.All publicity is good publicity.

As I have said know right leaning folk and met many right leaning folk at rally for free speech. Never once heard any of them mention her name. Not once!. :rolleyes:

And the left's complete and total infatuation and obsession with Gemma continues. The man hours spent obsessing over her ironically benefits her.All publicity is good publicity.

As I have said know right leaning folk and met many right leaning folk at rally for free speech. Never once heard any of them mention her name. Not once!. :rolleyes:

Maybe they were being greenscreened out? 🤷🏻*♂️

Maybe they were being greenscreened out? 🤷🏻*♂️

Certainly hasn't been greenscreened from your life!. Not a day goes by you don't bring her up, stalk her twitter, post video's pictures of her mention her in unrelated threads etc etc.

Personally don't understand your obsessive infatuation. She's not even hot but each to their own!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

I am glad this thread is referring to the migrant problem rather than calling it a refugee issue.

Looking at news reports this are not all Syrians, people there from non war zone countries such as Pakistan.

There should be no onus on any country to take economic migrants.

Certainly hasn't been greenscreened from your life!. Not a day goes by you don't bring her up, stalk her twitter, post video's pictures of her mention her in unrelated threads etc etc.

Personally don't understand your obsessive infatuation. She's not even hot but each to their own!.

Never mentioned the woman. But carry on.

wpd wrote: »
    I am glad this thread is referring to the migrant problem rather than calling it a refugee issue.

Looking at news reports this are not all Syrians, people there from non war zone countries such as Pakistan.

They are migrants until they seek asylum - at which point they become refugees. The terminology isn’t particularly meaningful. The majority are from states at war.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

I'm glad they are focussed on her tbh. In reality she should be the least of their worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At no point does that random picture mention or disregard the long gone Islamic golden age.

One is a picture of a retard in pink crocs, and the other is DRAWING of a English knight in regalia from 100 years after the Islamic golden ages was dead and gone ( and never to come back).

Fair play to Greece for pushing them back and deporting ones who get through.

Absolute joke these people think they can storm borders and demand to stay.

You wouldn't believe how many of these refugees from DP end up taking holidays back to their home countries when they get their status and stamp 4... it's a complete farce and its time these economic migrants were treated as such.

Varik wrote: »
    At no point does that random picture mention or disregard the long gone Islamic golden age.

One is a picture of a retard in pink crocs, and the other is DRAWING of a English knight in regalia from 100 years after the Islamic golden ages was dead and gone ( and never to come back).

A retard eh?

You wouldn't believe how many of these refugees from DP end up taking holidays back to their home countries when they get their status and stamp 4... it's a complete farce and its time these economic migrants were treated as such.

How many would that be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Should be an instant repeal of their asylum, fleeing from some danger only to take short break back in the middle of it again.

The grand period of Islamic advancement had it's own fair share of serfs and slaves. It was a barbaric period towards the common person who didn't have a title or heavy income. Life was cheap. Corruption was rife. So, yes, there were advancements, but it wasn't a utopia by any standards. Nor were Christians flocking to live under Islamic rule. The combination of religious taxes and restricted worship meant that Christians could mostly worship in their own areas, but they paid heavily for it.

Revisionism has become enormously popular in recent decades. As has romanticist notions that ignore the brutal realities of living in that era. The lot for the average person in Europe or the Holy land, was pretty crap.

• Advertisement

Never mentioned the woman. But carry on.

The Dementia kicking in Keady?

You just posted a twitter video mocking her on the previous page!. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Where did I say that? I wouldn't want to live under a Christian government either. Every time someone counters the ****e propaganda that comes from the far right it's automatically assumed that they're some Islamic apologist. Islam is generally **** and currently even more **** than Christianity and that's really saying something. This doesn't mean that the entirety of Islamic culture has no redeeming features.
    i'm just saying that with the benefit of hindsight we in modern europe can be glad the cards fell the way they did and europe stayed christian.

The Dementia kicking in Keady?

You just posted a twitter video mocking her on the previous page!. :rolleyes:

I posted about Ibrahim Halawa supporting Panti, and clearly having no problem with gays. Never mentioned Germa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

wpd wrote: »

Would Ireland's asylum spoofer industry not suffer as a result though?
    We don't want some of the posters here out of a job, they're doing stellar work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

This doesn't mean that the entirety of Islamic culture has no redeeming features.

Can you name one?

Cordell wrote: »
    Can you name one?

Some really gorgeous architecture, and a variety of cuisines are rather tasty. I also quite like the sound of their call to prayer. Creepy but it can be quite beautiful too.

I don't like Islam as a religion, and the very strong effect that religion has on their culture.. but don't fall into the Islamophobia trap. You're just giving ammo to the Left.

Removalist wrote: »
    I'm glad they are focussed on her tbh. In reality she should be the least of their worries.

Funny enough the left and alastair's and co's Gemma infatuation will never cease.

For some bizarre reason they think knowing her every move is some sort of victory of her in their little world's.

Honestly I've yet to meet anyone Nationalist or right who ever even mentioned her.

Come on here and it might as well be a Gemma stalker page with all the obsessing they have over her.

They regularly post stuff on her only hardened stalkers would find!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I think whomever is a bleeding Liberal and all for taking in economic migrants and refugees should take a few in to their own homes.

Just like the gay Liberal couple I heard of who decided to take in a few migrants for good will and chead mile failte etc

It wasn't long before these guy's realised that homosexuality wasn't accepted by the Islamic doctrinal teachings.

And the Islamic guys were none too pleased about being undermined by the people who kindly offered their help, by not telling them they were a gay couple who shared the same bed and now and again joined by Fred.

Grindr 3Somes and Islamic teachings do not mix under the one roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

Some really gorgeous architecture, and a variety of cuisines are rather tasty. I also quite like the sound of their call to prayer. Creepy but it can be quite beautiful too.
    Except for the architecture of the mosques (and of course the call to prayer) how is any of this specifically islamic? I'd even say* that their cuisine will be even better without all those islamic restrictions, so how is this helping?

*I actually know this, as a lot of foods common in the Balkans while being inspired from the ottoman cuisine they also were adapted to use pork, making them even better.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Should be an instant repeal of their asylum, fleeing from some danger only to take short break back in the middle of it again.

There doesn't seem to be any follow up from the Dept of Justice in relation to this, in relation to cross department communication.

All they need when applying for status is to show what they claimed as opposed to each department communicating information such as holidays and overpayments/fraud etc.

Should be reviewed every few years tbh.

Advertisement