Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Techless wrote: »
    I would really recommend that you ring the loyalty number 061 272190 and you should get a much better offer than just half price on the extra boxes.

Yes I will do! Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

We tried that last year for an older relative of mine who has Horizon, broadband and phone and they offer was pretty poor, given she’s been with them and their predecessors since there 1970s.

She’s planning to get Virgin taken out where the contract’s up and go with something else. Seems they really annoyed her with the poor loyalty offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We tried that last year for an older relative of mine who has Horizon, broadband and phone and they offer was pretty poor, given she’s been with them and their predecessors since there 1970s.

She’s planning to get Virgin taken out where the contract’s up and go with something else. Seems they really annoyed her with the poor loyalty offer.

Think it depends who answers in loyalty. I do it every year for myself and have done it previously for them as well but theirs at offer is gone a few months now. It’s worth a try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

sillysocks wrote: »
    Think it depends who answers in loyalty. I do it every year for myself and have done it previously for them as well but theirs at offer is gone a few months now. It’s worth a try anyway.

Whoever it was really played a hard bargain with her. I think that’s just annoyed her. She brought up Eir TV and they told her that it was unreliable and just Internet streaming etc and really slagged off the product.

So I think she’s likely to get free sat put in, as that’s what some of her friends have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Delta2113

E is only in SD but it's very limited On Demand is HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just got the new 360 box - if we wanted to add multi room down the line does that mean VM adding a new point on the wall for it to work? Or is it wireless in anyway?
    3 story new build - main box and VM point is on the bottom floor. Toying with the idea but not gone on the idea of drilling the external walls at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Multiroom boxes need a coax for TV. TBH I use the app a lot these days instead of a multiroom box.

Anyone else guide didn't have The Snapper listed tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Anyone else guide didn't have The Snapper listed tonight?

I had the same issue on my 360 box. “The Fugitive” with Harrison Ford was listed instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Hi folks
    Does anybody know if how you can rewind more than 3 minutes?
    I know you can watch from start, but some programs disable fast fwd.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

AJB39 wrote: »
    I had the same issue on my 360 box. “The Fugitive” with Harrison Ford was listed instead.

Same here, I have seen it a few times on Virgin Media where the guide data is wrong or has errors . When the Eurovision final was on Saturday the guide listed it as the semifinal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Seems to be a slightly new look for the TV guide. lots of channels missing .

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Seems to be a slightly new look for the TV guide. lots of channels missing .
    which channels are missing?

which channels are missing?

RTE2, BBC2, to name two.

Im talking about https://www.virginmediatv.ie/obo_en/tv/tv-guide.html#filter=streamingOnly

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

those two are on my web player and streamable. Weird.

554723.JPG

Not that page, the "TV guide" page.

Look's like they are updating it and haven't finished yet.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

A new LiveScore app on the 360 box be nice. We can only dream.

scotchy wrote: »
    Not that page, the "TV guide" page.

Look's like they are updating it and haven't finished yet.

are you sure you're not using a filtered view or in a profile? I have all those in my lineup.

554751.JPG

Yea, get that when Im logged out. but when I log in I get

https://ibb.co/HPn59V3

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

are the 'missing' channels at the very bottom of the list, I had that before.

It can also be the profile you are in.

• Advertisement

are the 'missing' channels at the very bottom of the list, I had that before.

It can also be the profile you are in.

Fair play, just reset to default and all OK.

OK, everyone can stand down now:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Seems to be a few logo's have been updated.

TCM movies disappears when I log in.

Hopefully they put the channel number back in with the logo's like it was years ago, I use this page for my what's on, its not always easy to find the station you want when you find something you want to watch.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

It looks like they are adding replay TV to the online guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Got the 360 box today, it's so much better than the horizon box, the remote control is beautiful and a joy to use. Well done VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

I see they've disabled the ability to record the six o'clock news on series link, which was handy,you now have to record each episode each day.Yet the nine o'clock one still has series link on it, they'll probably do that one next.Also no replay option on rte2 for the Euros,pity.

One o'clock news also still has series link.

I must say the lack of consistency with regards RTE and the replay option - it seems to vary from week to week. Not acceptable to me when you are paying for this.

Had to manually intervene to get Casualty recorded last night on BBC1 - in the past I have been impressed with how they have updated the guide so quick with last minute changes.

The lack of fast forward on RTE is a disgrace but that's RTE pushing that.

BBC4,CNN,CNBC really need this stuff in HD. GB News available on www.gbnews.uk/watchlive as a work around as not yet on Virgin Media Ireland. I doubt if I'll watch it much. Watched Darren McCaffrey the other night on The Tonight Show and it was obvious the new 'slant' from him with his new employer.

Delta2113 wrote: »

I must say the lack of consistency with regards RTE and the replay option - it seems to vary from week to week. Not acceptable to me when you are paying for this.

The lack of fast forward on RTE is a disgrace but that's RTE pushing that.

The replay inconsistency is also RTE shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

This is probably a really stupid question. I'm terrible with technical stuff. The TV usually doesn't play live tv. A notice comes up to say 'check the cables'. Thing is, the TV is far from the hub and entry wall socket. Does the blue tipped cable need to go into the 360 box to get live TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭CoBo55

This is probably a really stupid question. I'm terrible with technical stuff. The TV usually doesn't play live tv. A notice comes up to say 'check the cables'. Thing is, the TV is far from the hub and entry wall socket. Does the blue tipped cable need to go into the 360 box to get live TV?

As I understand it you need a feed from the co-ax cable into the box to get live TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

Thank you. What do you mean by feed?

Advertisement