Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin TV360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What a joke of a company, if I could change to sky I would in a heartbeat.

They've feck all in 4K too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The virgin website is terrible for finding info, does anyone know whether you can get 4k sports channels on virgin with the new boxes?

Which sports channels are you referring to? AFAIK sky don't have 4k channels, only 4k red button type feeds for specific ad-hoc events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They've feck all in 4K too.

Sky regularly have live sport in 4K.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sky regularly have live sport in 4K.

Don't have sport myself I'd say it looks good in 4k

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The only full time 4K Sport channel in these islands is BT Sport Ultimate, which Virgin do carry in the U.K., but they don’t carry BT Sport here at all and no carrier here carries that channel.

Sky do offer 4K sports - mainly Premier League. But there’s no full time channel, it is offered via a red button prompt where available.

I wouldn’t get too worked up on it; only larger screen TVs really benefit, on smaller screens you really will be pushed to notice the difference from HD.

Well that was accurate!!!!! Any investment tips or lotto numbers? 🀔😀
    https://informitv.com/2021/06/27/virgin-media-ireland-for-sale/

Liberty Global CEO Mike Fries has been talking about a sale/JV for months; it’s old news at this stage! Nothing new in the Sunday Times article yesterday really. The difficulty really is that Liberty may be eager to sell but is there anyone out there eager to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Rumours Patrick Drahi a Franco-Israeli is seriously interested in buying. He is biggest shareholder in BT. Deutsche Telekom also a possibility.

icdg wrote: »
    The only full time 4K Sport channel in these islands is BT Sport Ultimate, which Virgin do carry in the U.K., but they don’t carry BT Sport here at all and no carrier here carries that channel.

Sky do offer 4K sports - mainly Premier League. But there’s no full time channel, it is offered via a red button prompt where available.

I wouldn’t get too worked up on it; only larger screen TVs really benefit, on smaller screens you really will be pushed to notice the difference from HD.

Which is exactly what I have, a 55 inch lg oled and you most definitely notice the difference, especially when it's HDR which alot of sky's 4k channel's are in (mostly sports)

The HDR feature is more important than 4k but HDR only really comes packaged with 4k.

Eurosport 4K would have been nice for the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

This might be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just looking at the stories today about Sky One changing it's name,it's breaking into two separate channels called Sky Max and Sky Showcase.

Max will show an amalgamation of the best of the various Sky entertainment channels and Showcase will show the best of Sky's home produced progs, Sky Comedy will also be affected too it seems.

Just wondering if and how we could be affected by this, change's are set to take place on September first.

Knowing Virgin we will come off the worst.

No that's wrong about Sky Max. It is basically the old Sky One less comedy and Sky Showcase is like the Sports Main Event but for shows from various Sky channels.

My reading of it suggests Max will have an amalgamation of the best of the various Sky channels and showcase will be Sky's home produced progs.Whichever way it pans out I just hope Virgin give us both.

I'd imagine Virgin get at least Max.

'Morris went on to note that Sky Showcase will feature some of the outlet's best shows from across Sky Witness, Sky Documentaries, Sky Crime, Sky Nature, Sky Arts, Sky Max, Sky Comedy, Sky History, Sky Kids, E! and Syfy.

It'll host highlights from movie-based platform Sky Cinema and Sky Sports, too.' - DigitalSpy

CNN is getting pulled from Virgin Media in the U.K. and BT. I think we can forget about getting it in HD on Virgin 360 box here - hopefully we can hang on to the SD channel as no CNN subscription service available here yet.

Sky Showcase now on and Max will follow later.

Are we definitely getting Max as well ?.®

Yes - now that could be days or weeks but yes it's going on Virgin Media Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

CNN are encrypting the feed on Astra and only sky will have it so i'm doubtful :(

I was going to post about the fact that they still have Sky Showcase as Sky One in EPG but just checked the channel and they have a Sky One LIVE D.O.G. on the Women's football game (not Virgin's fault).

Talk about embarrassing from Sky with a newly launched channel and they pop up an old D.O.G.

Virgin have Sky Max in the On Demand section but no actual channel so far in EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭AJB39

There is also content from Sky Crime in the On Demand section which is another channel that doesn’t appear on the EPG.

Thanks. I stand corrected. It’s so far down the EPG I didn’t spot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Has Sky Max joined yet? It’s on their on demand and on website. But not on guide

• Advertisement

No spot on EPG yet for Max. I can never understand delays like this although on a separate note Sky Showcase forgot to make a new LIVE logo when they had the women's football on and actually had a Sky One LIVE logo up for 35 minutes on Friday night before taking it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Virgin seems slow enough with this stuff. History Channel has the wrong logo too. I notice Virgin don't restrict Sky Comedy even though some of the programming is adult. At the moment Sex and the City is on it - not that I'm watching or anything. On Sky, you need to enter a PIN.

Most people probably don't notice that stuff. Strange - SKy is usually on the ball with stuff. lol.

Is the 360 box available to all packages yet or are they still trying to claim it’s a premium product?

I’ve a relative who is considering cancelling because she finds Horizon 1.0 such a pain to use, but she’s not interested in moving to a higher package. She’s with Virgin (and predecessors) since the 1970s and just might take the leap to FTA satellite and VDSL.

If you want 360 you must have or get Virgin Broadband as well.

Saw some Sex and the City the other day and was surprised. The F word was used a few times in short succession.

She has Virgin broadband and phone, but the basic tv package.

I don’t think Virgin are really all that interested in low spend accounts though. She might be better off moving away from them.

• Advertisement

Finally Sky One re-named. Still no sign off the Sky Max channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

So glad someone else had this issue! Its crazy that Sky replaced their main channel with the "best of" channel instead, instead of the Max version.......

Maybe there is a delay in the roll-out of Max on Virgin? And yet there is "Max" branding in the on demand section....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Is there a shortcut for accessing recordings on the 360 remote? To see all recordings I am pressing menu, scrolling to Saved and then scrolling down to recordings and clicking OK. Seems a bit of a faff just to get to recordings so maybe there is a shortcut?

Also, seems strange to me that there is no mute button on the 360 remote and that there are 4 coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote that don't seem to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The bottom left button below 7 and above the coloured buttons is mute. 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ybcby

definitely no mute button😒

/s

Post edited by ybcby on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That's weird. 😐️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Oh yeah, so it is. It does seem a weird place for it but happy to find that out.

Presume there is no easy way to access recordings?

Sky Max HD now broadcasting on channel 117 on the V360 box now.

Easiest way to access recordings is just to use voice search and say "saved".

Just wondering how long everyone gets out of their batteries in the V360 remote.I use rechargeables all the time but about every three weeks I get the notice saying your batteries are low and need to change them, usually I ignore it and get another two or three weeks more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

My V360 was installed last October and I'm still on the set of batteries that came with it. In regular daily use so I would consider my usage to be average

I don't use rechargeable ones but yes compared to say my tv remote (although don't use it much) or even Horizon it seems to eat the batteries although I am constantly flicking around but I did that with the Horizon box.

Nice to see the FA Cup football not blocked on ITV4 due to copyright issues.

No one has ROI rights now, alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Logo for Sky Max HD and SD has been removed for the last week or so. The App has the logo stil, but just text on 117 SKY Max HD and 721 SKY Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

Hey thinking of switching from sky, sky are trying to tell me the HD resolution on the virgin media box is only the same as SD resolution on sky, any truth to that?

Absolutely not, the picture quality on the 360 box is brilliant, much better than sky HD.

Will miss CNN - not good but it's not like Virgin can force CNN to give them the channel.

It’s not Virgin Media’s fault. I’ll miss CNN especially for coverage of U.S. elections. I think CNN’s decision to remove their channel from TV platforms is both premature and misguided. Premature because unlike the UK we can’t yet legally stream CNN online here. It’s also misguided because although streaming may be the future I don’t believe a standalone subscription news channel can be profitable. Especially since if you’re looking for U. S. News NBC, CBS and ABC all already have news channels streaming online for free.

• Advertisement

I would like to see some kind off replacement with U.S. News Content on 205. Plenty off U.S. News streams are available through youtube via 360 box. MSNBC or CBSN maybe for example.

Advertisement