Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The lack of proper live pause and rewind on the VM mini box wouldn't work in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Recording everything (not ideal I know) you want to watch on a mini box is a workaround for proper pause and no problem with rewind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone know what new channel was added (or maybe moved) on 360 today I notice 210 is on a new page compared to yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AJB39

Yeah it's odd, I went through them and couldn't spot anything new but 210 and 211 have gone from being on different pages to the same page. Maybe they just moved something slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 veloci

Yeah trying to ring them but difficult to get 30-40min window to wait on hold. Anyone know a good time to call when they're less busy/understaffed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It could be that 116 is now back on the EPG, after VM Four launched late last month on 110, the old VM Sport slot is now VM One +1 on 116

Just noticed that Sky Sci-Fi HD (129) & SD (729) are now viewable with the basic Big subscription. A Bigger sub was previously needed

Anyone with the Sky Sports or BT Sports, I don't suppose you've started getting a random black screen a little while after switching to one of these channels? Only this weekend I've noticed it, 45 seconds after I change to one of these channels it'll go black for a second, even happens on the SD version of the Sky Sports channels. Doesn't seem to affect any of the regular channels (like RTE or VM channels etc)

Yes exactly the same happened for me so it was a general issue. Think it's fixed now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Has anyone figured out what the new shield icon (🛡️) means in the recording list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

Would anyone know if the TV360 box is the standard replacement box currently or do they replace like-for-like ? I have an Horizon box and the disk drive is acting up, pause/rewind is throwing errors increasingly. I'd prefer something more up-to-date than another Horizon box.

Yes they operate like-for-like. You could just ring and upgrade for 360 and they could send out by courier. Might be a few more euro a month not sure and you must have Virgin broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wondering if these are actually available here yet and at what price... mentioned in earlier posts VM are testing not needing coax, runs over wireless?

360 mini wireless box

https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/miniwireless/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I see CNN has returned to Virgin Media 360 on channel 205 with Replay TV. Also Sky Documentary HD is now on channel 122 with Sky Nature SD on channel 730 and Sky Documentary SD on channel 731 all with Replay TV. Still no BBC 3 though.

Thanks. I presume it's CNN SD, like before it was removed?

Also, why are channels launching in the 700's, that's for SD variants of HD channels?? There's now 3 channels in that genre, W / Sky Crime / Sky Nature with no HD version in the 100's

It looks like CNN SD to me.

I wonder is it purely a financial reason that Virgin Media Ireland keep going with SD and not HD. I can't see bandwidth being an issue. Great to have CNN back and with replay function but no HD in 2022.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is back on Horizon/Mediaboxes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

CNN looks HD tonight

Yes CNN must be HD now. The text etc. looks so much clearer to when it last went off our Virgin Media Ireland Tv screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Bodan

It is on my Horizon box but it is not on my HD media box. Either are the two other channels.

All 4 have started to add HD content during the week. I found the content through search and not in the All 4 app. Maybe its different on the 360 boxes.

It's possible your HD media box is not on the correct subscription package that you have on the Horizon box. You would need to ring them and hopefully get an agent knowledgeable. In fact twitter is probably a better option if you have it to reach out to them and get it sorted.

I might be wrong but it's definitely a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Bodan

I have every non premium channel (sports,movies) , just not the 3 new channels. I did a factory reset in case my box missed the cue to add the new streams but it didn't change anything.

I am going to ring them up to see what they say as i cant think of a reason why the HD media box wouldn't be supported .

According to the Autumn eNews email

New channels have arrived on Virgin Media Television! Uncover the story behind the story with Sky Documentaries on Virgin TV 122, get closer to the nature with Sky Nature on Virgin TV 730 and find the latest breaking news with CNN on Virgin TV 205, just sit back and enjoy!

This must be the first time they have actually advertised channel launches which is good news. Although above the text has the 3 channel logos, Sky Docs is the only one with a HD logo. Are we 100% sure CNN is in HD? To check, press the info button on a live programme and at the very bottom the Quality will say SD or HD beside Subtitles/Audio/Country

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

In the info on the 360 box it says SD but it's definitely HD..cnn is probably one of my most watched channels over the years and you notice it straight away when you put it on..a huge difference from the previous cnn from before they withdrew to do their own failed subscription app thing

Thanks for that. It's labelled CNN too, rather than CNN HD on the 360 box. God, can VM get anything right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

is Disney+ available on Virgin TV360 in Ireland? Conflicting info from googling.

No it’s not. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube are available on Virgin TV360.

Post edited by AJB39 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thanks.

I thought so. Virgin media ireland and Disney+ Keywords in google indicates yes but I had a feeling it was just feeding me Virgin UK search results regardless.

Advertisement