Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin TV360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Delta2113

It's probably Netflix's resposibility but does anyone else not like the recent change (a few weeks now) with the app when you highlight a show it expands across the screen to the right.
    Hope you understand what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Anyone had any luck setting the 360 box up with a universal remote? I have the Logitech Harmony Elite and tried adding VirginMedia -> V6 (uk equivalent box) as a device but can't get any of the controls to work.

Maybe try Upc codes,I tried Humax originally which is the box maker and didn't work,then it was suggested to use Upc which I did and they all mapped perfectly fine to my one for all universal remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Anybody figured out how to watch a recording from where you left off ? Only gives me the option to “watch from the start “ also anybody successfully got a PM locker to take your old box, local locker just kept saying not recognised when putting the code in. Thanks in advance

You should have "Continue watching" and "Watch from start".

Just noticed in Planned recordings my box has set Yellowstone Season 2 Episode 1 to record on Monday 7 Sep - that's a nice improvement on Horizon picking up the new Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Henrys Grimey Paws

Anyone had any luck setting the 360 box up with a universal remote? I have the Logitech Harmony Elite and tried adding VirginMedia -> V6 (uk equivalent box) as a device but can't get any of the controls to work.

Any joy with this? Have same harmony remote as you, tried to teach it commands but didn't recognize any apart from the power toggle command

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Regarding the EPG / I’ve just noticed they’ve buried “W” up on 720 with the other SD channels. But no HD or even SD version down in the 100s. Very odd decision, making this channel practically invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Anybody figured out how to watch a recording from where you left off ? Only gives me the option to “watch from the start “ also anybody successfully got a PM locker to take your old box, local locker just kept saying not recognised when putting the code in. Thanks in advance

Yes dropped off the box to PM on Saturday and it recognised code no problem. Regarding recordings you should see Continue watching as an option.Unless you are watching on Replay rather than an actual recording?

W should have been left on 160 but I suppose you could argue that it doesn't matter if all the channels are jumbled up because you can set them up exactly as you like using the profile feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭feelings

Does anyone know when the new box will be available for new customers? Seems to only be available to existing customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I asked in a Virgin store at the weekend and they said it will be available to new customers from October 1

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Delta2113 wrote: »
    You should have "Continue watching" and "Watch from start".

Just noticed in Planned recordings my box has set Yellowstone Season 2 Episode 1 to record on Monday 7 Sep - that's a nice improvement on Horizon picking up the new Season.

Found the continue watching tab thanks. They like to add an extra step to everything, to see the info you must press the 3 dots then info, to continue watching you must go an extra step. Why ?

I never use the 3 dots. Just highlight the show in Saved and press play and then decide on "Continue watching" or "Watch from start".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

It uses the same codes as the older UPC boxes (Not Horizon) so on a Universal remote try UPC, D4A or (UPC) Mediabox.

Note that things like VOICE search etc on the actual remote are really useful, switching to a universal remote is a major downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

It uses the same codes as the older UPC boxes (Not Horizon) so on a Universal remote try UPC, D4A or (UPC) Mediabox.

Note that things like VOICE search etc on the actual remote are really useful, switching to a universal remote is a major downgrade.

Great thanks a lot, that worked. I put in UPC as the manufacturer and mediabox as the model and it picked it up.

Agreed that the voice search on new remote is a pretty handy feature but will use the universal remote for the basics, switching channel, turning on/off activity etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Great thanks a lot, that worked. I put in UPC as the manufacturer and mediabox as the model and it picked it up.

Agreed that the voice search on new remote is a pretty handy feature but will use the universal remote for the basics, switching channel, turning on/off activity etc.

Was so excited to get this working. Added the UPD Mediabox and it started to work straight away but somehow along the lines it has corrupted my entire Harmony setup so now I have to try and set the entire thing up from scratch again... Sigh, not entirely sure what happened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Mearings wrote: »
    Luddite

I’d like to think the above is simply a joke. However we might all remember that what we might see as a joke other people might see differently, and so confine our posts to making a contribution to the thread. Thanks everyone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys, I'm with Virgin Media myself, can't get Sky in my estate, is the new box worth upgrading to?

The old box is a nightmare to navigate through, its too slow and laggy and constantly misses recordings and series links, it's at the stage where I'd be fit to throw the bloody thing out the window and set it on fire.

Please tell me the new box is worth upgrading to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm with Virgin Media myself, can't get Sky in my estate, is the new box worth upgrading to?

The old box is a nightmare to navigate through, its too slow and laggy and constantly misses recordings and series links, it's at the stage where I'd be fit to throw the bloody thing out the window and set it on fire.

Please tell me the new box is worth upgrading to.

It's absolute night and day.

New box actually functions as it should!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It's absolute night and day.

New box actually functions as it should!

Does Series Link work properly? On my UPC branded box Football Focus won't series link for this Saturday on BBC One HD for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Does Series Link work properly? On my UPC branded box Football Focus won't series link for this Saturday on BBC One HD for example

Just tried it and seems to work OK for Series link of this program

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

Good to know, I’m out of contract this weekend so will hold off to see if there’s any new customer deals coming.
    I asked in a Virgin store at the weekend and they said it will be available to new customers from October 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

CFC007 wrote: »
    Good to know, I’m out of contract this weekend so will hold off to see if there’s any new customer deals coming.

Apparently, they are not doing any new deals on the new box so you have to stick with the awful horizon box if you want a deal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apparently, they are not doing any new deals on the new box so you have to stick with the awful horizon box if you want a deal.

I'm an existing customer and I got a deal with them for the new box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

Interesting, it wasn’t the €10 off pm was it? I’ve spoke to them twice now and they wouldn’t provide any deal on the new box for existing. I just know when they launch to new customers that they’ll do a deal.

CFC007 wrote: »
    Interesting, it wasn’t the €10 off pm was it? I’ve spoke to them twice now and they wouldn’t provide any deal on the new box for existing. I just know when they launch to new customers that they’ll do a deal.

I got €10 off PM for the main box and €5 off PM for the mini box for 12 months, not great but I am now paying less than I was when I was on Horizon and I get a new and hopefully better box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Existing customer and going to see if I can get new box thats if their customer service gets back to me this year

Currently using Harmony elite remote so can it be paired with this?

Have few activities so would need to amend these..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Existing customer and going to see if I can get new box thats if their customer service gets back to me this year

Currently using Harmony elite remote so can it be paired with this?

Have few activities so would need to amend these..

the harmony thing was discussed a few posts back.

You can do most stuff just using the Voice Control on the 360 remote.

BBC2,Saved (Recordings),Netflix and on and on and it will go directly to your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

the harmony thing was discussed a few posts back.

Just onto Virgin and as I am in a contract it would be €30 more per month to get the box. Asked if I want to swap existing Horizon and no I would just get replacement Horizon

Eh No

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Wow that's a big price jump! The new system sounds great but coudn't afford that kind of price hike

• Advertisement

Suzyq wrote: »
    Wow that's a big price jump! The new system sounds great but coudn't afford that kind of price hike

I'm beginning to think I was being ripped off with the old box!! :eek:

My overall price is coming down a small bit with the new box and faster BB.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Were you an existing TV customer? They wouldn't give me that discount as I already had TV. Only available to BB only customers who upgrade to TV360.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Were you an existing TV customer? They wouldn't give me that discount as I already had TV. Only available to BB only customers who upgrade to TV360.

Yes I had existing BB And TV with them. I was out of contract so i don’t know if that played into it.

My box arrived today at lunch so I had time to set it up I have to say I am very Impressed with it. All I need now is for my VM app to update and I am laughing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yes I had existing BB And TV with them. I was out of contract so i don’t know if that played into it.
    Interesting, thanks. Will try again!

To anyone with the 360 box and the new app. Does the app cast to the mini boxes at all or just the main box?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

To anyone with the 360 box and the new app. Does the app cast to the mini boxes at all or just the main box?

Recordings stream from app to main box as far as I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hi guys,
    Has anyone gone from using the Sky Q UI to the new VM box?
    I know that generally sky is light years ahead of the pack when it comes to the snappyness and UX of their hardware. Ive been using the Playstation Sky Go App above getting Horizon, so with moving to a new home Im weighing up VM vs Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Is anyone having a problem with the remote. Mine just stops working often and I can only get it going by taking out the batteries or restarting the box. Note this happens on the main box and the other ones so it is not a physical fault with the remote or box.
    Tx

• Advertisement

paulski999 wrote: »
    Recordings stream from app to main box as far as I can see

I assume you can only stream live tv from the app to the main box too.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭kitsy13

towger wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem with the remote. Mine just stops working often and I can only get it going by taking out the batteries or restarting the box. Note this happens on the main box and the other ones so it is not a physical fault with the remote or box.
    Tx

When my remote freezes i press the home button below the power buttons and it fixes it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

kitsy13 wrote: »
    When my remote freezes i press the home button below the power buttons and it fixes it

Thanks I’ll give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Are the uprade €10 discount offers gone for the 360 box from the website? It says in the small print these are available up to 30 Sept, but it's not coming up in the checkout anymore.

Contract up in two days

mollser wrote: »
    Are the uprade €10 discount offers gone for the 360 box from the website? It says in the small print these are available up to 30 Sept, but it's not coming up in the checkout anymore.

Contract up in two days
    Still there. Just select broadband only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its kind of ridiculous that they are charging extra for the new box. At the end of the day this new box brings them up to par with Sky and Sky are offering services cheaper than Virgins current deals for the horizon box.

Do they not do market research before they set their prices like. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sky's current offer of Superfast Broadband and Ultimate TV for €60pm for 12 months on a 12 month contract is such a better deal. Thats for the Sky Q Box too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its kind of ridiculous that they are charging extra for the new box. At the end of the day this new box brings them up to par with Sky and Sky are offering services cheaper than Virgins current deals for the horizon box.

Do they not do market research before they set their prices like. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sky's current offer of Superfast Broadband and Ultimate TV for €60pm for 12 months on a 12 month contract is such a better deal. Thats for the Sky Q Box too.

It doesn't bring them up to par with Sky though. There's no UHD sport or anything in 4k so they've bumped up their prices to land 5 years behind Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Jonathan wrote: »
    Still there. Just select broadband only.

Will they honour that if you already have 3 of the services? Previously you didn't need to lie and could get the discounted price! Must check on the mobile site, that had different pricing on it before as well...

It doesn't bring them up to par with Sky though. There's no UHD sport or anything in 4k so they've bumped up their prices to land 5 years behind Sky.

The Rook is in 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

I assume you can only stream live tv from the app to the main box too.

Yes you can stream live tv to the main box only, not sure the benefit though

paulski999 wrote: »
    Yes you can stream live tv to the main box only, not sure the benefit though

It would make more sense to stream it to the mini box. Anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement