Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards.ie a gateway to the far right?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I've noticed recently on boards the amount of traction the far right has on here. Every week we're guaranteed to have a thread on migration, foreigners committing crime over here, the traveling community and a plethora of other similar topics.

Just recently a thread about known far right demagogue, Tommy Robinson has attracted plenty of sympathizers and supporters for a revolting man. I ask in summary, is boards a far right platform?

Is posting photos of Muslims rape gangs far right in you're opinion?

[IMG][/img]Screen-Shot-2016-04-27-at-5.56.34-AM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I believe they just call it "comedy."

perhaps. making it mainstream, safe. the best comedy is always safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

do you enjoy the woke comedy?

Throw some up and I’ll give you my view. I’m imagining it can’t be worse than that lad’s material all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

perhaps. making it mainstream, safe. the best comedy is always safe.

What kind of underground comedies are you watching that us "mainstream" folk aren't privy to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Could I use pictures of Jimmy saville or Catholic pedophile priests to make the same point about white people in your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

still funnier than mrs browns boys

getting kicked in the balls is funnier than that. its not the bar to be aiming at.

Some pretty unconvincing Muslims in the mix there tbh. Lot of identical twins or triplets too.

Not a looker in the bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

I ask in summary, is boards a far right platform?

Surely, the last few pages of replies are enough to answer this question with a pretty resounding "no"?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What kind of underground comedies are you watching that us "mainstream" folk aren't privy to?
    i'm not privy to anything thats not on youtube tbh. look any comedian that predicates their act on being woke or non-woke is going to get boring fast.

• Advertisement

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Surely, the last few pages of replies are enough to answer this question with a pretty resounding "no"?

The picture of 'muslim rape gangs' and the defense of Tommy Robinson say otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

alastair wrote: »
    Nurse! Nurse! Graham Linehane has been on his phone again!

Bwahaha, you're the funniest, most handsome guy on boards :)

Could I use pictures of Jimmy saville or Catholic pedophile priests to make the same point about white people in your opinion?

Ah, yes, the good old "which race has the most or least pedos" contest.

Kind of feel like nobody comes out of that one looking too good.

Why moan that Boards has so many right wing posters when you quite obviously LOVE getting in fights with them?

The picture of 'muslim rape gangs' and the defense of Tommy Robinson say otherwise

"Far right, and proud." Make sure the tattoo is visible for all to see.

The person I do not know is a renowned far right racist who has previously said a woman was to ugly to be raped by Syrian refugees and called taxi drivers pakis. Are you really trying to defend him?

I never defended him. But you sank low, real low.

Gynoid wrote: »
    Bwahaha, you're the funniest, most handsome guy on boards :)

It’s alright - the nasty trans people won’t harm you.

i'm not privy to anything thats not on youtube tbh. look any comedian that predicates their act on being woke or non-woke is going to get boring fast.

I agree. If you've got the rep to do it in a tongue-in-cheek way maybe you can get away with it but largely it's just a big turnoff. Though the promoter of a comedy act billing their comedian as "the far right comedian" on the thread is very cringe.

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Ah, yes, the good old "which race has the most or least pedos" contest.

Kind of feel like nobody comes out of that one looking too good.

Why moan that Boards has so many right wing posters when you quite obviously LOVE getting in fights with them?

Well I never wanted to discuss pedophiles tbh but I guess deflection is the rights last resort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You can do what you like you and the one staring a thread about so called far right posters.

I again ask you is it far right to post newspaper images of Muslim Rape Gangs that targeted white girls.

Do you agree with the coverup of the rape of thousands of white native English girls by Muslim Rape gangs?

IMG_20190811_060631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Making Movies 2 maliciouslu accused a person he does not know of beating their 8 year old daughter into making a sex assault allegation and then advised that the child be taken off her parents "into custody". And MM2 reckons other people are trouble. Yup.

What ?

• Advertisement

The person I do not know is a renowned far right racist who has previously said a woman was to ugly to be raped by Syrian refugees and called taxi drivers pakis. Are you really trying to defend him?

You can do what you like I don't care you and the one staring a thread about so called far right posters.

I again ask you is it far right to post newspaper images of Muslim Rape Gangs that targeted white girls.

Do you agree with the coverup of the rape of thousands of white native English girls by Muslim Rape gangs?

IMG_20190811_060631.jpg

Well theres a difference between expressing concern and using it as a stick to beat innocent Muslims essentially

You are contesting those though, no?

Your question was:

"Is boards a far right platform?"

Well you are, yourself, proof that it isn't.

My opinion would be that a far right platform would be one that gives a platform to far right views, and only far right views.

If a few atheists attend a wedding in a church I don't think you can claim that the church has become an atheist gathering spot or something like that?

I don't really get the point of the thread, I suppose.

There's nothing lower than Tommy Robinson and his kin so I don't see how I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Of course they don't target adults. I'd say he is safe as houses.

Ok can all those on the thread supporting rape gangs of any religion/race/sexual orientation please raise your hands?....Really? Nobody? So why are we talking about it as though there's a section of people on here that suddenly are going to jump in and be like "well actually I support the rape gangs"

You can do what you like you and the one staring a thread about so called far right posters.

There’s no such thing as a Muslim rape gang. So there’s that.

But your politics will have harmed many juveniles.

There's nothing lower than Tommy Robinson and his kin so I don't see how I did.

And his kin. Do you hear yourself. You fully dehumanise an 8 year old child and then you go making threads about the imaginary bad people.

• Advertisement

But your politics will have harmed many juveniles.

Nobody has been harmed. It’s so much bluster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement