Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards.ie a gateway to the far right?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Well I never wanted to discuss pedophiles tbh but I guess deflection is the rights last resort

Seems like it's only one poster who brought that up?

So "the right" is just one guy?

Your rebuttal was "but there are white pedos too" so it seems you are definitely willing to stoop to that level while simultaneously trying to take the high ground.

It's odd.

Since you are engaged in derailing your own thread I'll leave you to it though.

Interested to hear how Boards is a "gateway" and what it is a gateway to, if you ever get back round to the point of your own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Well theres a difference between expressing concern and using it as a stick to beat innocent Muslims essentially

Not all Muslims are in rape gangs however all the convicted rapists in that picture are Muslims.

He is another load of them.

2679288.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

Not interested in getting into a back and forward with you.

You started the thread saying boards was a gateway to the far right I asked you a question if you don't want to answer it fine.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

alastair wrote: »
    Nobody has been harmed. It’s so much bluster.

Lies by you. Blustering lies.

Dont fret Alastair, you are already on the list of notable boards trans activists who will have to look good and close at themselves when the scene unravels over the next few years...you don't need extra points :)

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Seems like it's only one poster who brought that up?

So "the right" is just one guy?

Your rebuttal was "but there are white pedos too" so it seems you are definitely willing to stoop to that level while simultaneously trying to take the high ground.

It's odd.

Is there a term for that somewhere?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People with extreme political opinions tend to be extreme people with extremely unhappy lives, so they generate a lot of noise. I think most people can see what they are trying to do though; it’s incredibly transparent. That’s the other thing, they tend to be as thick as pigshït.

100%... any sort of extremist outlook, right or left is wrong.

I’ve a friend whom is extremely left of center, very nice guy... goes to anti war demos, feeds and works with the homeless loads of selfless stuff... but he works for the same company I used to... providing transport and logistical aid to the US government in conflict around the world one day, aid to war torn regions the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Englo

Dead right.

Make America Great Again...I don't think I've ever heard of anything so hate filled in my life.
    Thats not but calling the attendees of a neo nazi march "very fine people" while saying Mexicans in the US are mostly rapists and murderers and that you've never met a "good one", while throwingchikdren in concentration camps and celebrating it... that's pretty hate filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gynoid wrote: »
    Lies by you. Blustering lies.

Dont fret Alastair, you are already on the list of notable boards trans activists who will have to look good and close at themselves when the scene unravels over the next few years...you don't need extra points :)

Nope, nobody has been harmed. You’re propagating hysterical guff - no different to fluoridation or chem trail enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

The crap they spew usually comes out like: I'm not racist but... I wouldn't vote for Trump but... I don't like Stephen Yaxley Lennon but... I have no problem with Muslims but... etc etc

How is any of that "crap".

I'm not a racist, but I can acknowledge that in America a disproportionate amount of crime is carried out by black people.

I wouldn't vote for trump, but I can acknowledge that not everyone who voted for him did so because of nefarious reasons.

I don't like Stephen Yaxley Lennon but he did highlight a worrying fact that police in England were afraid to prosecute or investigate a paedophile ring for fear of looking racist.

I have no problems with Muslims but I do have an issue with the Muslims who wish to apply and enforce their values on western society or non muslims.

I think it's sad that people NEED to preface their opinions with a disclaimer so people like you don't immediately tag them as some kind of "phobe" and is indicative of modern society and it's need to vilify people for thinking against the "acceptable" social narrative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Not good to live in an echo chamber, we need to hear all sides no matter how right/left they are.

Ironicname wrote: »
    How is any of that "crap".

I'm not a racist, but I can acknowledge that in America a disproportionate amount of crime is carried out by black people.

I wouldn't vote for trump, but I can acknowledge that not everyone who voted for him did so because of nefarious reasons.

I don't like Stephen Yaxley Lennon but he did highlight a worrying fact that police in England were afraid to prosecute or investigate a paedophile ring for fear of looking racist.

I have no problems with Muslims but I do have an issue with the Muslims who wish to apply and enforce their values on western society or non muslims.

I think it's sad that people NEED to preface their opinions with a disclaimer so people like you don't immediately tag them as some kind of "phobe" and is indicative of modern society and it's need to vilify people for thinking against the "acceptable" social narrative.

This 100%.

I think we can only blame ourselves for dancing their tune the trick is not to preface facts just state the truth.

• Advertisement

Mods can we close this thread?

It has zero to do with Current Affairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Mods can we close this thread?

It has zero to do with Current Affairs?

Clearly it’s not got anything to do with grooming gangs either, but that horse has bolted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    You are contesting those though, no?

Your question was:

"Is boards a far right platform?"

Well you are, yourself, proof that it isn't.

My opinion would be that a far right platform would be one that gives a platform to far right views, and only far right views.

If a few atheists attend a wedding in a church I don't think you can claim that the church has become an atheist gathering spot or something like that?

I don't really get the point of the thread, I suppose.

People were defending Tommy Robinson, a know far right demagogue. It wasn't just a few people it was 50/50 split between people for and against him. Also I don't care if you can't see the point of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Not current affairs. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement