Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on lawnmower service

Options
  • 04-03-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a Viking MT5 ride on lawnmower and I want to have it serviced. I have no trailer or hitch on our cars so I have no easy way of transporting it for service, are there any service companies that would call to mine to carry it out. I am just outside Cork city.

I have serviced a few older cars of mine over the years and wanted to know what is needed to service my own lawnmower, would I be able to do my own or is there more to it? Is it just oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and spark plug? Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

That would cover the engine, but there is also sharpening, checking belt tensions, checking blade balance, checking the functionality of any safety cut-outs, etc.
    If you bought it new you will have got a users' manual which would show all this in detail, if not, you can down load it from this link:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1194922/Viking-Mt-5112-Z.html?page=16

Hopefully this is the right one, if not, you can type your exact model number into the search box at the top of the page.
    ( It's a reputable website, I've used it many times.)

Advertisement