Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Costs to Monthly Mortgage when buy a house or apartment?

Options
  • 04-03-2020 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Currently paying rent and bills.

Looking to see how much more expensive home ownership would be on a monthly basis.

House Insurance 20
    Contents Insurance 20
    Bins 20
    Life Assurance 20
    Maintenance 100
    Electricity and Gas 100
    Property Tax ?
    Mgmt fees apartment 150/200.

These are just heavily ballpark but please correct or add any I missed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hey there,

Currently paying rent and bills.

Looking to see how much more expensive home ownership would be on a monthly basis.

House Insurance 20
    Contents Insurance 20
    Bins 20
    Life Assurance 20
    Maintenance 100
    Electricity and Gas 100
    Property Tax ?
    Mgmt fees apartment 150/200.

These are just heavily ballpark but please correct or add any I missed!

Say you are not far off with your estimates there. The only other utility bill you might want to include would be your Wifi and TV subscription. These vary depending on what level of service you want but a good approximate figure would be €70 for a combination Wifi and Tv package .

The property tax varies depending on estimated value of house and local council jurisdiction of the house but I would think €200 per annum a fair value to estimate here. Some apartment complexes charge a management fee between €2k to €2.5k per annum and while apartment living and costs can make great sense for first time buyers........it was always the main reason why I stayed away from considering purchasing one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

100 a month might not really cover maintenance, depending on the age of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Another overhead you should look at is the cost of furniture and appliances and repair and replacement of them from time to time. Appliances like washing machines have to be replaced every few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

In My building:
    Wifi and tv
    Heating
    Maintenance
    household and green waste
    gardening
    cleaning communal areas
    no property tax

All free...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In My building:
    Wifi and tv
    Heating
    Maintenance
    household and green waste
    gardening
    cleaning communal areas
    no property tax

All free...

There is nothing for free.

Nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 apt2view

I asked a similar question. Why is management charge so high in Dublin South area Sandyford? €2500 to €3200.

I rent here for 2500 a month. So it looks rent is cheap?

Advertisement